Intro and some free stuff

swartzfeger

Hi gang,

Been lurking here for a few weeks -- I'm a bassist/songwriter/(kinda)multi-instrumentalist with my eye on an Axe FX II. Originally looking at a Kemper but after a lot (a LOT) of forum reading, reviews etc I'm thoroughly settled on the Axe FX.

Currently, I'm running everything thru an Apogee Duet 2 and a Sansamp Paradriver DI, a Sansamp Leeds pedal and a variety of other 'bedroom' gear. Within the month, I plan on grabbing a UA Apollo (I currently have a UAD-2 Solo for my MBP) and an Axe FX. Can't wait!

Really don't have anything to share, mostly rough demos... guess my stuff lately has been leaning toward an ambient prog... toss Rush and Porcupine Tree and Eno and some ambient stuff in a blender and I guess that's the kinda stuff I like to write. Here's a quick sound cloud clip:

Ok, enough of all that... the real reason I wanted to post was due to my upcoming studio upgrade, and recently moving in with my girlfriend, I've got to clear some stuff out. And I have stuff that I frankly have never used. Plugged them in, tested them, never used again. I want them to find a good home.

Behringer BDI21: this is basically a clone of the sansamp bass driver. it's not a bad pedal at all. for someone looking to get into recording it'd be great. never used on stage, only used in my home studio for maybe an hour tops (once I purchased the Sansamp Paradriver, it obviated the need for the Behringer). Includes AC adapter. Free to a good home. (UPDATE: spoken for)

Lexicon Alpha: great for someone just getting started. Free to good home. (UPDATE: spoken for)

EHX Cathedral: plugged it in once. Workflow changed once I got Valhalla Room and a UA reverb. Too nice of a pedal. New in box, with AC adapter and warranty card. Not really looking for $ but would take something if offered. Someone that gigs regularly or needs a verb for their board needs this more than me; it kills me just sitting here. (UPDATE: gone to a good home)

Didn't really think of posting this on TGP or GS since I've been coming here more and more... just looking to send these to someone that can really use them (or to someone that knows someone that can use them). After reading a lot of great (and helpful) posts from guys like Chef, Scott, Yek etc, I just wanted to toss these up here vs. dealing with craigslist.

Some pics:

DSC_2861.jpg
DSC_2862.jpg
DSC_2868.jpg

Anyway, send a PM or email me at swartzfeger(at)gmail(dot)com if interested.

Last edited:
Hey welcome!
Giving stuff away for free you dont see that to often these days
Very generous of you.
Good on you!

Welcome to the forum! This is the best first post I've ever seen. Good karma will no doubt be coming your way.

Hey welcome!
Giving stuff away for free you dont see that to often these days
Very generous of you.
Good on you!

Thanks! You know, 5 years ago I was an IT professional and made boatloads of money but had been out of music for about 10 years. Divorce, unemployment and 'life' kicked in and was flat broke. Looked into getting back into writing/recording and was amazed by what a laptop and some modest gear could accomplish, but being flat broke it took months to even save up the money to buy my 'first' bass again (when my life cratered a few years back I had to sell my Steinberger and PRS and the rest of my gear [I know, boohoo]).

Just saving up for something as small as the Lexicon and Behringer was a multi-month task. Moving up from 'flat broke' to just 'broke' I was able to buy the Apogee and some sansamp stuff. Now I'm moving out of 'broke' to 'no money until next Friday' so the Axe FX and Apollo are looking possible.

So, yeah... the Behringer really isn't that good, and the Lex kinda sucks, but for someone with nothing they'll get ya recording in 5 minutes. And the Cathedral is too good to sit here when a real player can use it and beat the hell out of it.

Real reason, honestly, I've got a deal/transaction waiting to complete, hopefully this month, that will allow me to pick up the Axe FX and Apollo, affordable pair of monitors and some other odds and ends. Maybe a little karma will help this sale wrap up and I can get shopping and start downloading some of Chef's presets by Halloween. :)

Last edited:
Loved that clip. What did you use for the drums? That bass tone is incredible.

Tanx sheky. Drums were SSD 4; the bass is my EBMM Bongo 5 str fretless.

I looked at Superior and it didn't seem like it would quite fit my needs. I bought BFD Eco with hopes of upgrading to the full BFD 2, but Eco left me really, really underwhelmed... flexible, but too dry and required too much hands on massaging (opposed to Superior being too produced out of the box).

SSD 4 -- bought it on a whim since I fell in love with Slate's VCC (Slate allowed a competitive upgrade from BFD Eco, which was awesome since I bought Eco on sale for $29). Couldn't be happier with it. Slate's got a big personality and can rub people the wrong way, but I like the guy. And I love his software.

Just an update: the Cathedral has a tentative home. Behringer and Lexicon still need a good home. Thankfully they won't be euthanized in 72 hours :)

To anyone in need of a decent home audio interface, grab that Lexicon. They are extremely good value for their regular price, and for free they are a total no-brainer.

@swartzfeger - your largesse has prompted some of my own - if you ever find yourself in Sydney you have a 4 free days of studio time (with engineer) waiting for you (and our studio has accommodation as well). Bring the girl, get some sand and sun, see a kangaroo and lay down some tunes.

To anyone in need of a decent home audio interface, grab that Lexicon. They are extremely good value for their regular price, and for free they are a total no-brainer.

@swartzfeger - your largesse has prompted some of my own - if you ever find yourself in Sydney you have a 4 free days of studio time (with engineer) waiting for you (and our studio has accommodation as well). Bring the girl, get some sand and sun, see a kangaroo and lay down some tunes.

That's mighty awesome of you, Manning! Maybe I'll change my honeymoon plans next year to Australia, he he...

re: Lexicon -- yes, I didn't mean to knock this interface too badly. It's nice and served me well. What eventually drove me to save up for a better interface wasn't the I/O options or recording quality, but the slightly underpowered headphone amp.

Cathedral just went out in the mail today. The Behringer and Lexicon are still available -- don't be shy if you know someone who needs them.

Bumped for some Monday morning page 1 eyeball action...

Weekend bump. EHX Cathedral now at its new home; Behringer and Lexicon still available.

I think after this I may let the thread fall to the back burners, and if someone stumbles upon it they can PM/email me.

Weekend bump. EHX Cathedral now at its new home; Behringer and Lexicon still available.

I think after this I may let the thread fall to the back burners, and if someone stumbles upon it they can PM/email me.

Ok, Lexicon and Behringer have found a home and going out Monday morning.

Hey guys, swartzfeger is the real deal. He sent me out the EHX Cathedral and would not even accept a dime for shipping. Thanks again dude! Hope you get an Axe II soon!

Back
Top Bottom