Interstate love song

sounds great.. cant tell you how many people play that song wrong... especially on the bass (yes I know it was a backing track).

Very cool. Spent the morning learning the song then built the patch today ... Below Empty - Stone Temple Pilots

I sent the Vox out the FX loop to my 2x12s and made the two 4x12 Marshalls in the Axe, used the OwnHammer (OH) Chinese V30s in stereo and panned 100%. For complete FRFR, I used the OH alnico blues in hi res mono with the Vox. Thanks for the suggestion of using the BE, it worked out perfectly.

Last edited:
Very nice Java! I actually did the same thing last night, except I used a Morgan AC20 patch I created and just double-tracked it. It really has that Vox meets Marshall vibe going on.

Let me know what you think.

Very nice Java! I actually did the same thing last night, except I used a Morgan AC20 patch I created and just double-tracked it. It really has that Vox meets Marshall vibe going on.

Let me know what you think.

Sweet. Morgan is a great voxy amp. Nice job.

Sounds great Sean- I still love hearing De Leo's tone. Some of the best recorded rock tones of all time.

It sounds like you both have some wrong chords in the verse.

C#m7
x-4-6-4-5-x

G#/B#
x-3-6-5-4-x

C#/B
x-2-3-1-2-x

A#m7b5
x-1-2-1-2-x

Asus2
x-0-2-2-0-(0)

(All verse "E" measures are what's next, moving up in the first 2 beats. This is also 3rd meas. of main riff, but not 2nd meas. which stays on the lower E voicing.)

E
0-2-2-1-0-0

F#m11/E
0-4-4-2-0-0

E
0-7-6-4-0-0

I found those chord to be real pesky when we played this song with a band. Loved to play it though.

It sounds like you both have some wrong chords in the verse.

C#m7
x-4-6-4-5-x

G#/B#
x-3-6-5-4-x

C#/B
x-2-3-1-2-x

A#m7b5
x-1-2-1-2-x

Asus2
x-0-2-2-0-(0)

(All verse "E" measures are what's next, moving up in the first 2 beats. This is also 3rd meas. of main riff, but not 2nd meas. which stays on the lower E voicing.)

E
0-2-2-1-0-0

F#m11/E
0-4-4-2-0-0

E
0-7-6-4-0-0

Thanks. That's pretty much what I am playing. I am playing a Cm instead of the Cm7, A instead of an Asus, I am playing the full c shape E on the 7th instead of the open E and Bs (those would open the chords up a lot) and when I double up the guitar parts I decide to go to open E on one track while going up to the 7th on the other. The C#/B I am doing something different, I am going x-2-3-4-2 (I think).

Thanks for the tips. Those open E and B ringing out will make a big difference and the correct C#/B will be easier to play. I appreciate your corrections, I no how good your ears are when it comes to those things.

Last edited:
Thanks for the tips as well!

I have stood within 10 feet of Dean playing this on multiple occasions and I swear he plays it slightly different each time.

I think it's turning into his own personal Yellow Ledbetter. :)

Thanks for the tips as well!

I have stood within 10 feet of Dean playing this on multiple occasions and I swear he plays it slightly different each time.

I think it's turning into his own personal Yellow Ledbetter. :)

I noticed that as well from the live videos I have seen of him. I actually learn the song from a video on the Palladia channel. No Telecaster on that one, he used a LP.

Back
Top Bottom