Bug? Internal system backup & restore doesn't work/AxeFX II MKII/FW Q1.01

Hello dear FAS team!

Tested tonight the internal system backup function, because I wanted to do a system reset.
The reason was the sound problem of the actual Mr Z Mz-8 model.

It was going like that:

- made an internal system backup on the AxeFX by using the dedicated function
- switched off the AxeFX (there is no need to do that after a backup I think, but I did it), switched it on after 30 seconds
- made a system reset
- switched off the AxeFX, switched it on after 30 seconds
- system settings were set back to defaults; loading the backup by using the restore system function (display doesn't show any action while that)
- switched off the AxeFX, switched it on after 30 seconds

And then ...
All the system settings further on have been the same as after the system reset.
The process didn't restore my old system settings.

After the problems with the internal backup of the banks a while ago, I think it is time to check all these functions folks.
I want to trust in these functions and it's not funny, to make the experience, that some of them don't work.
To tolerate some problems of beta versions and changes in the modeling is not the problem.
But why do we have frequently such problems with basic system functions?
Sorry to ask you that!

By the way;
The MZ-8 has got more loudness after the system reset and resetting the block again.
Nearly the same as the MZ38.
But the sound is the same strange one as described in my first posting here
http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-f...ounds-strange-quantum-1-01-a.html#post1260950.

Best regards and ... this firmware is really great!
Thanks for your continous development!

Mike

I have had a similar problem. I had purchased my axe fx 2 mark 2 it had FW 9.02. Today was the first time I've tried to update because I heard how AWESOME Quantum was supposed to be. I installed to USB driver, Fractal Bot and installed the FW update to Quantum 1.01. Every preset had some sort of nasty noise and feedback, the cleaner presets were not as bad but still didn't sound correct. The output levels are redlining but the overall Level is low and sounds distant. I even performed the update again without success. I can't change back to the original FW, only back to Quantum 1.0 or 1.01. I put in a ticket and Matt asked if I reset the system parameters and that was all, no more replies. The FW should work without having to spend an afternoon troubleshooting, I'd rather be playing, making music, I hope you this gets resolved, it's very much a pain in the keester.

Last edited:
Was having problems this weekend and tried the restore user banks function on bank A. The result was all presets blank. :( Unfortunately, by last Fractal Bot backup was not recent enough to capture some work I hated to loose. Ah well...backup and save often folks.

Mike

I have had a similar problem. I had purchased my axe fx 2 mark 2 it had FW 9.02. Today was the first time I've tried to update because I heard how AWESOME Quantum was supposed to be. I installed to USB driver, Fractal Bot and installed the FW update to Quantum 1.01. Every preset had some sort of nasty noise and feedback, the cleaner presets were not as bad but still didn't sound correct. The output levels are redlining but the overall Level is low and sounds distant. I even performed the update again without success. I can't change back to the original FW, only back to Quantum 1.0 or 1.01. I put in a ticket and Matt asked if I reset the system parameters and that was all, no more replies. The FW should work without having to spend an afternoon troubleshooting, I'd rather be playing, making music, I hope you this gets resolved, it's very much a pain in the keester.

The noise and feedback could be caused by input volumes or system settings affecting volumes, so a system resetmight be a good avenue to pursue in your case. I don't think it could hurt at all.

From the manual:

Reset System
This menu page includes a single parameter that is used to restore the factory default settings to System Parameters, specifically:

GLOBAL Configuration parameters, Global OUT1 and OUT2 settings.
IO Input, Audio, MIDI, Control and Pedal Parameters.
LCD Display Contrast.
The following areas are NOT affected by RESET SYSTEM PARAMS:
User scale settings are NOT modified.
User Cabs are NOT affected.
Global Blocks are NOT affected.
Preset memories are NOT affected.
Firmware is NOT affected.

To Reset System Parameters, select this menu page, then press "Enter." A dialog will prompt you to “RESET ALL?” Press "Enter" to execute the reset.

Back
Top Bottom