Internal Controllers Overview - Video

Simeon, with a few of the synth presets you made it sounds like you are playing chords, I thought the AFX2 guitar synth responds only to monophonic note playing?
Great video btw. Thanks.

Simeon, with a few of the synth presets you made it sounds like you are playing chords, I thought the AFX2 guitar synth responds only to monophonic note playing?
The synth has two voices, and you can have two synths in each preset. There are also two pitch shifters available, each with two voices. Depending on how you connect them, you could have a dozen or more voices to play with.

Admittedly, I don't use very many controllers in my own presets. But your video was very informative and educational! And at the end of the day, I always love to see how all the tools we have at our disposal within the Axe-Fx II inspire someone else's creativity and ingenuity. Cheers!

Great video, Simeon! I hadn't thought of the possibility to use the ADSR instead of Envelope. That piece of knowledge will help out some patches that I have not been able to make sound on the Axe as they sound in my imagination.

And yes, modulation to the Looper block's Record would mean a lot!
(while at it; I still think it would be great with an option to have global tempo instantly calculated and set by the Looper. Technically the coding could look at how Abelton solves it with their Looper plugin; i.e. you set the number of bars to be looped in advance)

The pitch modifier doesn't need any controls. It just detects pitch and puts out a high value when pitch is high and vice versa. It's always on, but won't do anything until you actually attach it to a parameter. In my example it's attached to input gain, so when the pitch is high, so is input gain and you hear the effect

And if you wish to do the inverse, (harmony in low, no harmony in high) just reverse the controller graph?

I stand corrected. I was going off of the diagram in the manual, which still shows two voices.
The third voice in each synth block was added quite a long time ago, the manual can't keep up with the Axe development apparently ;)

The third voice in each synth block was added quite a long time ago, the manual can't keep up with the Axe development apparently ;)
Yeah, the manual is a couple of revs behind on that one. Overall, though, it's very thorough and superbly written.

And if you wish to do the inverse, (harmony in low, no harmony in high) just reverse the controller graph?

Yes of course. I can't stress how important understanding that little graph is. Well worth spending an hour fooling around with it.

wow! what a great patches!! I'm speechless. Thank you! All now added to my favorite list. "Pitch Looper" - pure state of art! Now I will watch tutorial :)

wow. over a 1000 views on youtube! i'm amazed by the response.

please let me know if there's anything specific you'd like to see in another video and i'll do my best to make it happen

thanks everybody!

Back
Top Bottom