Intermittent USB Connection Axe FX II

Krut917

My current problem right now is that when recording my Axe FX II suddenly started connecting and disconnecting, and keeps selecting or deselecting the Axe Fx as the primary audio device or not.

I'm using Logic Pro X
I did recently change from a late 2011 Macbook pro to a mid 2015 Macbook Pro. These problems started only with the new Mac, which leads me to believe that this is where my problem is.

Does anyone have any experience with this? I looked into voltage problems from USB, and did the steps to reset the SMC and NVRAM on my Mac. I'm still running into this issue. I'm currently on OSX Mojave as well.

My next question is if I were to adapt from my thunderbolt (2) out to the USB on the Axe FX, do they interface? Could I record audio over thunderbolt(2) with the Axe FX/use Axe Edit? I haven't been able to find a clear answer on this.

If anyone has any experience with these problems, any help would be much appreciated

Thanks!

Hello, no solution, but I have the same problem on an iMac (late 2013) running High Sierra. My AxeFX II runs the Ares firmware. I tried both drivers (the old one and the more recent supporting Catalina), but it doesn't change anything.

Back
Top Bottom