Intermittent problem

Tahoebrian5

Fractal Fanatic
Im having a problem with expression pedal input. I've got the pedal hooked up to my MFC, set to ext1. It works fine most of the time but occasionally it stops working and I have to power down the Axe to get it back online. Any ideas to try?

It's a boss exp pedal, can't remember the model number but it's the metal case type. I'll try a new cable but the fact that it works fine when I reboot the Axe is suspicious

Did the cable make a difference? If you have another pedal to try on that port you can rule out the MFC and Axe.

I was having something similar where I would loose all expression pedals once in a while at a live show. Re-booting the Axe-Fx and the MFC and messing with the connections at both ends would usually fix it. It turned out to be the CAT 5 cable and/or the connections at one of the ends. I cleaned and blew out the connections at both ends and couldn't reproduce the issue, but changed the CAT 5 cable any way. Hasn't happened since?

Cable cable cable cable cable Cable cable cable cable cable Cable cable cable cable cable Cable cable cable cable cable Cable cable cable cable cable Cable cable cable cable cable Cable cable cable cable cable Cable cable cable cable cable Cable cable cable cable cable Cable cable cable cable cable.

I've had the same problems. A quality cable fixed it.

I did bang my head against it for 3 hours thinking it was a wonky port (which is entirely possible!), but 99.9% of problems with random preset changes, MFC snafu's, are usually down to cables.

R

Back
Top Bottom