Intermittent non operation of stand in switch

simonp54

Experienced
I’ve recently had some problem with stand in switches not activating. The HOLD item always seems to fire correctly, but the PRESS sometimes doesn’t work. I’m using new / validated cables and the MOSKY switch units. I was wondering whether anyone else has experienced similar behaviour?

I have one switch on my two button box that bounces (i.e. double-taps) on the tap function if you don't fully stomp on it. Most likely it is just the cheapo switch. I guess I will order them from Mouser or somewhere like that next time....

I have one switch on my two button box that bounces (i.e. double-taps) on the tap function if you don't fully stomp on it. Most likely it is just the cheapo switch. I guess I will order them from Mouser or somewhere like that next time....
Made a couple of switch boxes with these momentary switches from Guitar Pedal Parts. Feel like solid switches. No issues whatsoever after 3 months of weekly use so far. https://guitarpedalparts.com/products/spst-momentary-soft-touch-foot-switch

I’ve recently had some problem with stand in switches not activating. The HOLD item always seems to fire correctly, but the PRESS sometimes doesn’t work. I’m using new / validated cables and the MOSKY switch units. I was wondering whether anyone else has experienced similar behaviour?
Do you know what the CPU usage of the preset you are on when this happens, @simonp45? This is likely a bug and I may have an idea of what it is.

Do you know what the CPU usage of the preset you are on when this happens, @simonp45? This is likely a bug and I may have an idea of what it is.
Simonp54. ;)

I’m actually using the switch “off stage” with my hand to start an intro track via CS MIDI. My preset is a ”mute” preset so probably quite low CPU. A long cable tho....? And a quick “HOLD” timeout.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom