interim solution (before Axe3)

Guitarboy

Hi guys, what is you setting for those like me who just sold their Axe2 (and Ax8) to get the new III and have hard time waiting?

To me I just have my ipad with Bias FX and Ampkit and... damn that’s like the difference between riding a Ferrari in Forza and racing it for true (yes I did)... funny but you don’t feel the waves and the vibrations, no G ;)

In fact, since I have Fractal units I don’t buy any Amp/FX anymore to concentrate on good guitars and practicing stuff. Pretty funny that axefx was a major saving trick in my purchasing habits as I don’t get too much attention on new analog pedals and other new products. To me Namm is just about guitars now for example.

Bought an Ax8

Once the III comes likely will sell the ax8, though depending on the market value, may just keep it as a smaller grab and go type of setup

Still using my 2, but i have a little practice amp i use a lot it's a blackstar fly3. can play iphone through it and jam with songs. battery powered (lasts a long time) great for backstage stuff, or hotel rooms. Sounds very good for what it is, 2 channel and has delay.

I'm actually thinking about holding out for a new floor version and using the HXFX for awhile. I have an XL/MFC that I love but would like to drop rack space and move to an all in one floor model. The HXFX is cheaper than an AX8/FX8 and won't drop in value when a new FAS Floor version drops.

I'm actually thinking about holding out for a new floor version and using the HXFX for awhile. I have an XL/MFC that I love but would like to drop rack space and move to an all in one floor model. The HXFX is cheaper than an AX8/FX8 and won't drop in value when a new FAS Floor version drops.

Me too in waiting for the AX8 successor.

I will probably sell my XL+ and go Fractaless though... that's a hard call.

Same here - it would be strange not have an FAS product. We shall see.... thought about just using a few nice pedals for awhile too. I digress lol.
not sure Ax8 Mk 2 or whatever will come soon.

Fractal will have a lot of work with the Axe3 and ressources may be focused on updates and checking every big name are happy (When you ship a new product to Vai, your’re better it works perfectly...!)

BTW axe8 MK2 should follow with new Keystone DSP design in order to benefit all this new algos rewritten for Axe3..

Nobody knows (but Cliff) but I feel that waiting for Ax8 2 is like wasting our time. Better go for AxeFX3 and have good time. Only live once ;)

Me too in waiting for the AX8 successor.

I will probably sell my XL+ and go Fractaless though... that's a hard call.
I can't go Fractaless, especially with the Squirrel-6 I mean line6 products... If I absolutely had to pic something else it would be the new BOSS Gt-100 or the AmpliFIRE 6 or 12 until I could get the AXFX III or new AX8 if that happens.

~SS

Once everyone who is waiting for an Ax8 II gives up and buys a III rack mount the ax8 mkII will be announced, so then everyone can sell their III and buy the new mkII

I’ve gone II, ax8, planning to buy III and likely ax8 mkII. Fractal just keeps getting my money time after time. It’s almost like they are a business and do this to keep making a profit lol

Once everyone who is waiting for an Ax8 II gives up and buys a III rack mount the ax8 mkII will be announced, so then everyone can sell their III and buy the new mkII

I’ve gone II, ax8, planning to buy III and likely ax8 mkII. Fractal just keeps getting my money time after time. It’s almost like they are a business and do this to keep making a profit lol

HAHAHA You know that's true!!!

~SS

I'm holding out for the AxeIV or the AX10 but meanwhile I'm living in a Kinks record 'cause I'm so tired, tired of waiting, tired of waiting for youoo.

In fact, since I have Fractal units I don’t buy any Amp/FX anymore to concentrate on good guitars and practicing stuff. Pretty funny that axefx was a major saving trick in my purchasing habits as I don’t get too much attention on new analog pedals and other new products. To me Namm is just about guitars now for example.
This rings true with me too, I don't care about anything other than actual guitars now, which is so refreshing. I have the odd snoop at a few new things, but they don't interest me like they used to.

I'm in the same boat, sold my XL and now playing the waiting game. AX8 keeps calling me, but fear that I'm spending unnecessarily as I'm waiting for the III or AX8II.

I'm always behind the curve with guitar stuff - currently enjoying the AX8 but am already tempted by a secondhand Axe FX 2 and MFC as the prices are kind of hard to ignore (even in Europe)

I’m not sure about selling off my XL until I know the FC controller is out. I won’t be able to use the III without a foot controller, so keeping all my gear until then. I use my XL and MFC live all the time.

I would never sell my XL until I had the new unit in hand. The release could get delayed for whatever reason, also the huge waiting list and massive demand will quickly deplete available stock and then it's more waiting. Just like the old proverb... A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

I kept my AX8, and will keep it after the III arrives. I also have a FlyRig5 I use as a backup, so I have a few options before breaking out the RoadKing II on them. I may have leaned on the March 1st release date a touch too much, but I am not exactly slumming with the AX8 available. I won't be able to gig the III until I have the FC pedal anyway, or I will have to drag out my old midi Ground Control pedal, which would be like connecting to the internet on a Commodore 64.

Back
Top Bottom