• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Interference Sound When Palm Muting

jw3571

Inspired
Been messing around with my axe for the last few weeks. Tonight I was trying to dial in a GNR sound, I was trying various amps, Brit Super, AFD 1, AFD 2. I was getting a really bad interference sound when palm muting, I tried messing with the input gate and that didn't help. I tried various guitars that didn't help. I was doing this at night so i'm not sure if it was picking up something from my lighting or what. I cycled through some of the factory presets and the noise was there on some but not others. One of my favorite factory presets is FAS 1, and there is no interference sound on that preset. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

ezvictor

Inspired
Are you palm muting so hard that your pushing the strings against the fretboard or (gasp) the pickups?

Top Bottom