Interesting wish list idea for older units

Bruce Sokolovic

Fractal Fanatic
Would be cool if legacy products could be revisited to possibly change their functionality from a modeler to a simple multi fx unit. Perhaps some functionality can be disabled such as amp modeling and cab blocks to get some more firepower for multi fx chains. Possibly with current algos, even.
Just a thought.

This is really already true. If you make a patch with no amp and cab, you have more resources for effects in your patches.

As much as I'd love to have some kind of updates for the Ultra, Fractal has been really clear that they are not going to go back and do that, even for a fee. I guess they want you to buy the newest unit and I understand that. The good news is that the Ultra and Standard are still amazing units with a universe of capabilities if you're willing to dig into all the stuff that is already there.

This is really already true. If you make a patch with no amp and cab, you have more resources for effects in your patches.

As much as I'd love to have some kind of updates for the Ultra, Fractal has been really clear that they are not going to go back and do that, even for a fee. I guess they want you to buy the newest unit and I understand that. The good news is that the Ultra and Standard are still amazing units with a universe of capabilities if you're willing to dig into all the stuff that is already there.
I don’t know anything about the ultra or even the II, but I’m betting there are algos exclusive to the III that just aren’t possible due to power requirements. I’m just spitballing.

If you're talking Axe Fx II then only part right. The Amp modeling runs on a dedicated processor, so having no Amp block(s) gains nothing...

Back
Top Bottom