Interesting Article Today From Reverb about Modelers

It's interesting that the tone is very much 'Well, let us tell you there's this new thing called a 'Modeler''...like the concept and use hasn't been around for decades. And especially since their 'audience' is supposed to be touring or professional musicians.

I'm with Matt, this is another article that is all about resell of items on their site rather than a considered look at modeling.

The write up makes it sound like you are stuck using a modeler to please tour managers. I'm calling BS on that. I play AX8 because I prefer it to using a conventional amp. I play AX8 by choice, not because I am stuck with it as an alternative. Some people are slow on the take. Even writers for Reverb.
Couldn't agree more and completely concur. I get a wee bit testy when I come across threads in other forums that indicate those who use modelers have had to compromise on tone in order to simplify their rig. As if easier setup and portability are the primary reasons one should or would choose a modeler over an amp and pedals. I still have all of my amps and most of my pedals sitting on a shelf collecting dust. I use the AX8 at home as well as for gigs for the exact reason you stated; I prefer it. Period. Great, more consistent tones, most of the time better, and world-class effects with no compromise in any area whatsoever.

Back
Top Bottom