Interested in an Axe but ...

do you have a Helix?
Yeah, I picked one up to start making Helix presets for my store, as well as custom presets and 'Skype' sessions. Some of the coolest aspects of some of my presets aren't even possible in the Helix.

There are a few performance things that it does that are really cool.

Yeah, I picked one up to start making Helix presets for my store, as well as custom presets and 'Skype' sessions. Some of the coolest aspects of some of my presets aren't even possible in the Helix.

There are a few performance things that it does that are really cool.

I was lucky enough to be able to loan one for a couple of months...
overall I was pretty impressed
it's limitations meant it couldn't get close to the screwy stuff I do in the Axe-FX..
and it's pitch-shifter really sux..
love the snapshot feature though.. if the Axe-FX could do that it'd seriously reduce the size and complexity of my presets

If you believe the AxeII is outdated, and that it needs a complete “redesign” to keep up with the other brands, then it probably isn’t for you. You’ve read too much biased reviews. Yet you haven’t seen it in action or even tried it I presume. It’s modeling technology, fx capabilities, flexibility, fx sound quality, among many other features are far from comparison with any of the brands you have mentioned. It is well worth the investment, no doubt. Actually you’ll get a lot more than you expect from it.

If you believe the AxeII is outdated, and that it needs a complete “redesign” to keep up with the other brands, then it probably isn’t for you. You’ve read too much biased reviews. Yet you haven’t seen it in action or even tried it I presume. It’s modeling technology, fx capabilities, flexibility, fx sound quality, among many other features are far from comparison with any of the brands you have mentioned. It is well worth the investment, no doubt. Actually you’ll get a lot more than you expect from it.

my personal take is...
based upon my own personal experience with several multi-fx pre-amps over many years...
and.. I'm not a fanboy at all.. I tell it as I see it..
it's far from being outdated [cos it don't have a colour screen and pretty lights]

where it matters, the Axe-FX II absolutely IS the benchmark

I think the Helix would work better for you if you want to use a modeling setup. Just plug the guitar and bass into a simple Radial switcher pedal and then into the input and you'll have all the outputs and send/receive you need, looper, built in floor board and pedal with room for more pedals and switches plus digital connections for dry or wet recording and you gen get it mint used for $1200. Great sounding box and several nice bass models already implemented.

Back
Top Bottom