Interaction between controls

simonp54

Experienced
Hi. I have done a search but not seen anything like what i'm thinking.

I had an idea to have a "map" diagram of the controls (primarily the AMP block) to show the interaction between the various items... not necessarily what the interaction IS but that there is a "link" between the parameters that should be considered when adjusting one or other of them...

So for instance the bright cap value is only "in the model" if the bright switch is on... (an obvious one, but I believe there to be other more subtle and useful interaction links)

Does anything like this exist in graphical form? Would it be useful to others?

It doesn't exist, although Cliff has provided basic diagrams in the past to show where some features are in relation to others (ie, that Input Trim is right at the start of the input network).

Seconding this suggestion!

so next question is... where does one get the "data" to build such a diagram... i.e. some subtle links might be very difficult to work out from just rotating knobs with a test tone... I'm thinking a thickness link line in the diagram, so that things that make a big difference together would be a thicker line than a subtle link... Maybe Cliff could suggest an approach that would expose this stuff... i'd be happy to then do the leg work...

Back
Top Bottom