Integration with RJM Mastermind GT?

Hey Austin....I agree that there is room for both. I just have to watch my wallet these days. Kind of stinks actually :)

So do I sadly. I'll probably have to pass on the Axe III when my name gets called :( That's ok, though, the AX8 XL will probably be more my speed anyway :)
-
Austin

So do I sadly. I'll probably have to pass on the Axe III when my name gets called :( That's ok, though, the AX8 XL will probably be more my speed anyway :)
-
Austin

Austin
Me Too! I am in the same boat. But I'll just have to see whats up in my life whenever my name comes up......I do not want to sell my AX8 so hopefully something else will happen. The Lottery? Yeah right!
Frank

Last edited:
I was hoping for a Fractal FC that would be similar to the Mastermind GT (as shown below)... but if we can still have integration with the Mastermind GT, then Mastermind GT it is!

View attachment 45165

Yeah, I'm still waiting to see if Fractal decides to bring out a FC-18, FC-21 or FC-24 anyway - I would get either of those in a heartbeat.

Otherwise I'll have to scrutinize the FC-12 when we have more info on that and decide between one or two of those and a Mastermind GT.

RJM mastermind. When you want to spend more for your foot controller than you did on your modeler.

it's SOOOO good though.

Well, yeah, that's what I keep hearing. It certainly looks good. I had already been considering switching from MFC-101 to RJM Mastermined GT/16 before the Axe III was announced.

Then, when I saw the FC-12, I became more hesitant about the Mastermind GT/16.

On the one hand, the "scribble strips" on the GT/16 appear superior to those on the FC-12: Color-backlit, with multiple color options, and larger.

On the other hand, the FC-12 presumably has tighter integration with the Axe III, which will make it easier to save presets WITH their footcontroller layouts in a single step.

On the third hand, the GT/16 has more buttons than the 12.

But on the fourth hand (that I don't have, but what a guitar player I'd be if I only did!), I can always add offboard footswitches to the FC-12, to bring it up to 16 buttons. And truthfully I don't usually need more than twelve.

So...I dunno.

What do you think, @chris? (Or anyone else who wishes to chime in.)

Are there (other than price, availability-date, and number of buttons) any details about the FC-12 versus the GT/16 which should prompt me to prefer one over the other?

Last edited:
Have to agree the RJM's are quite up there pricewise. Hard to justify them even if they are incredible controllers.

Well, yeah, that's what I keep hearing. It certainly looks good. I had already been considering switching from MFC-101 to RJM Mastermined GT/16 before the Axe III was announced.

Then, when I saw the FC-12, I became more hesitant about the Mastermind GT/16.

On the one hand, the "scribble strips" on the GT/16 appear superior to those on the FC-12: Color-backlit, with multiple color options, and larger.

On the other hand, the FC-12 presumably has tighter integration with the Axe III, which will make it easier to save presets WITH their footcontroller layouts in a single step.

On the third hand, the GT/16 has more buttons than the 12.

But on the fourth hand (that I don't have, but what a guitar player I'd be if I only did!), I can always add offboard footswitches to the FC-12, to bring it up to 16 buttons. And truthfully I don't usually need more than twelve.

So...I dunno.

What do you think, @chris? (Or anyone else who wishes to chime in.)

Are there (other than price, availability-date, and number of buttons) any details about the FC-12 versus the GT/16 which should prompt me to prefer one over the other?
i'm very excited for the FC series. imagine downloading someone else's Preset and also getting all their Footswitch data and it just drops right into yours? also if something happens to your FC, getting a replacement means it's immediately ready to go when you plug the next one in. many other great things about it too.

the MMGT was easy too - just USB to your computer and sync from the Editor there. but i will say, when i had one, if i didn't adjust/edit it for maybe 2 weeks or more, i had to relearn how to do a few things. but that's typical for any gear that does a lot. i think for a 3rd party controller though, it was the easiest, as Ron put the CC#s for most gear right in the unit, so you just selected Delay 1, instead of finding what CC# it is.

they will both be great options for sure. i do wish i still had my MMGT 16...

RJM mastermind. When you want to spend more for your foot controller than you did on your modeler.

Yeah, but for me, the controller is more important than the modeler... it's what will allow me to control the entire rig, not just to control a modeler. The modeler in the other hand, comes and goes and is nothing else than a fancy box of pedals. YMMV

It's not unheard of to spend more on a scope than the rifle it is attached to. Depends on your point of view if it's worth what you paid.

Like anything you get what you pay for. Been through a lot of liquid foot products. The constant delays, and them vanishing for months took its toll. I never had an issue one with their stuff though. I got a good deal,on a used get 16 and haven’t looked back. People pay premiums for certain things without flinching but won’t other places. Imho ymmv.

This was exactly my experience. Ron and Sherri are top notch people who truly care about their product and customers.

I don't believe Fractal has ever made a modeler that needs a foot control that costs less than the most expensive RJM Mastermind GT, so if you're going to whine about high-priced gear, I think you might be on the wrong site? :)
-
Austin

I don't believe Fractal has ever made a modeler that needs a foot control that costs less than the most expensive RJM Mastermind GT, so if you're going to whine about high-priced gear, I think you might be on the wrong site? :)
-
Austin
I use a Roland FC-300 pretty satisfactorily. I got it on sale for $250, long ago. Now days, I use a laptop to automate most everything, but I still use the controller for expression pedals, and basic DAW controls. But when I first bought it, I used it to do everything I needed manually. If I bought a pedal now, I'd actually be looking for a smaller footprint rather that the amount of buttons.

Big advantage of the RJM gear is the song/setlist option. You can edit everything on a computer without the gear connected. That way I can sit in the tour bus, edit tonight’s setlist, save it to a flash drive and upload it once on stage.

-
Austin
Who's whining?

Back
Top Bottom