Integration with RJM Mastermind GT?

dbarrow

I have an RJM Mastermind GT 22. I', hoping this will work with the Axe-FX III. I am on the waiting list and ready to purchase the Axe-FX III. I am a happy Axe-FX II owner and am excited about the improvements to the III.

The III will use midi similarly to the II, I assume? In other words, the RJM should be at least as functional with the new AxeFX, right?

On a related note:

RJM has announced today that, from now on, they will only sell directly in the US. Makes more sense for them.

So if you see the brand dropped by i.e. Sweetwater: don't panic, they're just shifting their commercial channel.

On a related note:

RJM has announced today that, from now on, they will only sell directly in the US. Makes more sense for them.

So if you see the brand dropped by i.e. Sweetwater: don't panic, they're just shifting their selling channels.
Not sure why but it did feel strange to see the products on sites like that. *shrugs*

Reactions: yek
Would be a big plus with FAS and RJM teaming up. Especially if there's some similarities to the FC in that we can assign things with the Axe III. Props to FAS for helping this alternate route.

Curious, I mean a Liquid Foot +jr+ did everything (much more than everything actually)I could ever ask with my I, II, XL & XL+ when I had them. Midi is midi right? I guess you guys mean kind of like the way the mfc's were mated with the Axefx units. I never had an mfc so I am unfamiliar with it.
LF+ had an Axefx mode also. Is that what is asked of the RJM units?

That's great to hear Cliff. Are you in touch with Jeff from FAMC about Liquid Foot compatibility as well? It'd be fantastic you guys could work together to get the LF series working nicely with the III at or soon after release.

Curious, I mean a Liquid Foot +jr+ did everything (much more than everything actually)I could ever ask with my I, II, XL & XL+ when I had them. Midi is midi right? I guess you guys mean kind of like the way the mfc's were mated with the Axefx units. I never had an mfc so I am unfamiliar with it.
LF+ had an Axefx mode also. Is that what is asked of the RJM units?

What you are describing is exactly the way the RJM GTs work with the Fractal units. And they can do alot more than the MFC's can. I started a thread about this on the GT forum the day the Axe III was announced. The hope is that the same functionality can be had between the GTs and the Axe III. This is expecially important because:
1) GTs are here now whereas who know when the FC will be released
2) There are all sort of pros using GTs. It is unlikely they are going to want to have to change their control just because they are changing their Axe model
So I was thrilled to hear that both Ron and Cliff seem to be jumping on this.
-
Austin

What you are describing is exactly the way the RJM GTs work with the Fractal units. And they can do alot more than the MFC's can. I started a thread about this on the GT forum the day the Axe III was announced. The hope is that the same functionality can be had between the GTs and the Axe III. This is expecially important because:
1) GTs are here now whereas who know when the FC will be released
2) There are all sort of pros using GTs. It is unlikely they are going to want to have to change their control just because they are changing their Axe model
So I was thrilled to hear that both Ron and Cliff seem to be jumping on this.
-
Austin

I understand and thats what I thought. Meanwhile Jeff at FAMC did this early on. I'd buy a used or new Liquid foot+ before I lay down the huge $$$ for the rjm stuff. I honestly feel they are way overpriced. Just my opinion of course. Jeff at FAMC has his issues.I know that. But his units NOT working isn't one of them. They are solid and so is the FW. Finally and for me, most important, They are 1/2 the price of the rjm's.
Just sayin.

Like anything you get what you pay for. Been through a lot of liquid foot products. The constant delays, and them vanishing for months took its toll. I never had an issue one with their stuff though. I got a good deal,on a used get 16 and haven’t looked back. People pay premiums for certain things without flinching but won’t other places. Imho ymmv.

I understand and thats what I thought. Meanwhile Jeff at FAMC did this early on. I'd buy a used or new Liquid foot+ before I lay down the huge $$$ for the rjm stuff. I honestly feel they are way overpriced. Just my opinion of course. Jeff at FAMC has his issues.I know that. But his units NOT working isn't one of them. They are solid and so is the FW. Finally and for me, most important, They are 1/2 the price of the rjm's.
Just sayin.

Hey, that's cool. Many people think everything Fractal makes is overpriced too :). For myself, I've never for a moment regretted getting a GT. Great product and great customer service.
-
Austin

Last edited:
Both RJM and FAMC make great products. FAMC has indeed had their issues with going dark at times, but they seem to have been more responsive lately. There's room for both in the world...let's hope they both get updated quickly for the III. Especially with the FCs taking a different design philosophy (one which I may ultimately move to, but not initially), there will be plenty of room for RJM and FAMC to succeed.

The RJM is expensive, specialy the 22...
However, it works 100% and it does everything i want or dream and any of my questions or problems are unswered and solved imidiatly by Ron so.....
RJM are taking care of their customers.

The RJM is expensive, specialy the 22...
However, it works 100% and it does everything i want or dream and any of my questions or problems are unswered and solved imidiatly by Ron so.....
RJM are taking care of their customers.
But it's kind of ironic that your signature includes a large picture of the MFC and your profile pic is of the ext4mfc :)

Hey, that's cool. Many people think everything Fractal makes is overpriced too :). For myself, I've never for a moment regretted getting a GT. Great product and great customer service.
-
Austin
-
Austin
Hey Austin....I agree that there is room for both. I just have to watch my wallet these days. Kind of stinks actually :)

Back
Top Bottom