Integration between AFXII, MFC-101 and AxeEdit

Radley

Experienced
Integration between AFXII , MFC-101 and AxeEdit seems a bit loose at the moment...

Or is it my new medication??? :)

not sure what medication you are on ;) but yea, abit "loose" indeed. Since I dont have any mega tour coming up ;) I play more and tweak less. Waiting new axe edit version. Seems there might be a FW6.01 or something coming up too so Im pretty sure they have tighten the loose bolts :D

I did turn off total sync on MFC, that one seem to cause most trouble for me (unit freezing up).

Intriquing indeed...perhaps no one is awake yet.

Integration could improve in those areas, but although I am not a medical person may I recommend fresh air and vitamins :roll

I wrote and then erased:
"We tried to warn you :) Forget Axe Edit (IMO forever), or use it as a very nice toy :mrgreen"
But didn't wanna be negative...

If it's just between Axe & MFC? I can't comment on that yet...

I wrote and then erased:
"We tried to warn you :) Forget Axe Edit (IMO forever), or use it as a very nice toy :mrgreen"
But didn't wanna be negative...

If it's just between Axe & MFC? I can't comment on that yet...

Wish I had been warned ahead of time - guess I was biting off 'too huge a chunk' right off the bat....

Last edited:
I *did* warn you in another thread not to use AE on stage etc. OTOH, it would be quite the spectacle :p

- RTFM & Wiki is always a good start ;)
- Don't believe the AE fan boys
- Have Matt in one of your in-ears at all times :D
- list the exact problems (cos maybe they aren't, or user error, etc.)

(otoh, I'm not exactly sure what you're talking about. "Mindless repetition"...?)

As long as you don't connect AE and have a good Axe battery, I've seen little or no complaints that the Axe, alone or with MFC, is not very dependable. The only thing that might worry me is that it has 2 CPUs and so for me twice as likely to go down :mrgreen, esp. the one that can't get a breather anymore after the amp hi-res addition. But less worry to you with full backups.
OTOH, what do I know. These chips may be well within their limits and outlive most of us :)

Possibly connecting it with the Cat 5 cable could be hazardous, but you can step on any cable and have the same problems. Not seen reports about that either, just that some people have made a safer connection for it.

Last edited:
No problems with integration between the Axe II and the MFC. Issues arise with TotalSync when you throw Axe Edit into the mix. But you weren't planning on using Axe Edit on stage, right?

Integration between Axe-Fx II and MFC is rock solid. No issues.

If you're using AxeEdit, don't enable TotalSync (Settings > MIDI > Follow PC changes), as noted many times on this board, because it slows things down (currently).
That's all.

Don't know which other issues you're running into. If you explain, we can help. Bitching in public doesn't help solving your issues any quicker.

I've had the integration between AXE-FX, MFC-101, AXE-EDIT (in TotalSync mode) sort of working here. Set-up is MFC-101 -- CAT5 --> AXE-FX -- USB --> AXE-EDIT on MAC.
The only weird things are:
- when turning the big encoding wheel on the AXE-FX, it somethings does nothing
- when turning the wheel to fast it gets desynchronized on AXE-EDIT. But changing to the next preset will resync it.

Are you experiencing these kind of problems?

Hopefully It gets fixed in the new version of AXE-EDIT.

Lesson learned - One should allow more time than 2 days to take on such a big programming task (Matt told me as much). My bad. I will not be able to put together my *ideal* switching scenario until after rehearsals are over, but I am now up & running smoothly. There are many complications & unforeseen consequences with original setup I went for (I'll explain someday when I'm not 'under the gun') :) I will have quality time to experiment with different switching scenarios on the road...

QUESTION: How do I set the MFC-101 to nullify any/all engaged IA switches when I switch to a new preset?

Thanks!

Perhaps it is because my two IA switches are set to Global instead of per preset?

Last edited:
I've had the integration between AXE-FX, MFC-101, AXE-EDIT (in TotalSync mode) sort of working here. Set-up is MFC-101 -- CAT5 --> AXE-FX -- USB --> AXE-EDIT on MAC.
The only weird things are:
- when turning the big encoding wheel on the AXE-FX, it somethings does nothing
- when turning the wheel to fast it gets desynchronized on AXE-EDIT. But changing to the next preset will resync it.

Are you experiencing these kind of problems?

Hopefully It gets fixed in the new version of AXE-EDIT.

I guess that is what I have noticed as well. I thought maybe it was shifting from single increments, to full bank increments. Seemed like it went from 1,2,3,4,10, 15, 20, 21,22 then if I dialed it to 23 they were again in sync. is this what you are describing?

QUESTION: How do I set the MFC-101 to nullify any/all engaged IA switches when I switch to a new preset?

Thanks!

Perhaps it is because my two IA switches are set to Global instead of per preset?
I think that's not possible if you've opted for the "alternative preset", but you could do it if you let the 2nd click renew the original preset again? Isn't that why Yek does it that way?
(this is just a guess on my part, please someone make it 100% clear for Radley :))

I guess that is what I have noticed as well. I thought maybe it was shifting from single increments, to full bank increments. Seemed like it went from 1,2,3,4,10, 15, 20, 21,22 then if I dialed it to 23 they were again in sync. is this what you are describing?

No exactly, but the behavior is a bit erratic. Actually what you are describing sound like the normal behavior of the AXE on its own?
Sometime I try to turn the wheel but the preset does not change for a while. The only way it work is by "driving" slowly and not turning the wheel too fast. Safe driving in a sense.:D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom