Integrating AX8 with other midi fx (H9)

Wow, thanks. I have been pondering getting an H9 for Christmas with my 16% off Guitar Center coupon. I have searched and read all the comments in the Fractal Forums and there certainly are some diverse opinions. Your video is great.

Hoping to bump this thread to see other people pipe in with comments.....

There's nothing the H9 does that the AX8 can't do with some creative fx routing BUT the way the H9 algorithms are designed makes it a great "grab and go" add on to the AX8 IMO.

Last edited:
There's nothing the H9 does that the AX8 can't do with SOME creative fx routing BUT the way the H9 algorithms are designed makes it a great "grab and go" add on to the AX8 IMO.

truth is not all of us are as creative as you my friend. 🤪

Leon do you have a pic of your board when you are using the AX8 with the H9?

I've never gigged that setup but Larry Mitchell borrowed my AX8 and used it with his H9 when he was here for the WA guitar festival.

The H9 lives in my pedal drawer with some other fun things.

Attachments

• IMG_20191214_230007.jpg
    IMG_20191214_230007.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 37
I just received my H9. I can run it independently, but I am struggling to get it to go through the FXloop in the AX8. Do you or anyone know of a more 101 instruction on how to get it to work through my AX8?

Please forgive my incompetence. Though I appreciate any help. First time trying to use the FXloop on the Ax8 so I am probably missing some easy thing. I tried copying everything in this video but it is not working. Maybe set up in the H9 or in the AX8.

Thanks,

I copied much from Leon's video. I am thinking it is something in the H9 set up that I am missing. Attached is the patch I am using with the H9 in the FXLoop. Maybe in the midi hook up? Thanks for any help.

Attachments

• LEON - H9.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 3
Agreed - it's like adding an extra ultra block to the AX8 to be sure. I used an H9 Max with my AX8 for the first several months of having the AX8, but I ended up not using the H9 because as you mentioned, most of what I needed was already there in the AX8. The H9 is a wonderful box though!

There's nothing the H9 does that the AX8 can't do with some creative fx routing BUT the way the H9 algorithms are designed makes it a great "grab and go" add on to the AX8 IMO.

I copied much from Leon's video. I am thinking it is something in the H9 set up that I am missing. Attached is the patch I am using with the H9 in the FXLoop. Maybe in the midi hook up? Thanks for any help.

Routing in the preset looks good. If you go setup - I/O check that In 2 (Fx Return) mode is set to the correct input(s). If possible set the H9 to "Killdry" mode as well. Are you running the H9 in mono or stereo?

Thanks for the responses. I found out the main problem - the FXLoop on the AX8 is also the OUTPUT 2, which I had never used so I had it turned all the way down. I turned it up and surprise it works!!!

I am trying to run stereo, and I did figure out how to get to "Killdry" in the H9.

I am struggling to figure out how to program the midi like @2112 did in his video. I copied the numbers he had in the PC# and Ch but when I change scenes the H9 patch does not change. I am probably missing something simple, so any pointers on what setting in the H9 or in the AX8 to make the midi channel change change the preset in the H9 would be appreciated.

This is a great forum. THANK YOU!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom