Instrumental (Axefx, Metal Foundry, Sturgis Snare, djent?)

Hey guys, long time no see!
Well I just bought a new pc and wanted to try Nuendo 4 out, so I quickly recorded this song, I just wanted to get some feedback on the mixing and mastering, I definitely feel like it sounds better than my previous mixes, but I'm not sure if my ears aren't "corrupted" by spending too many hours struggling with this song. Also, I tend to have a slight problem as you can hear sometimes in the song, when I play on lower strings, the higher ones tend to ring out, should I put a sweatband like I saw some other guitarists do, or change my picking technique a bit, like try to place my palm in a way that'll mute the strings (I tried but it gets kinda tiring, and puts my wrist in awkward positions)? Anyway, here's the stuff, hope you like!

SoundClick artist: SamDHyde - page with MP3 music downloads

Sick playing and tone! I love the riffs you have here! The song sounds really good overall!

In the spirit of honesty:

-You are a very talented guitar player, producer, and drum programmer.
-It sounds almost exactly like Periphery to me. I'd encourage you to find your own voice since you are obviously very skilled.

Please don't take this harshly. Just trying to help.

Thanks a lot for the replies!

AdamCook: don't worry I won't take that harshly as I have to admit that Periphery, especially Bulb's work is a huge influence to me. Still I don't feel like this is exactly like what they're doing, I'm trying my best to add my vision to music, to play on athmospheres and pass on emotions. It's way less technical, I just can't compete with Bulb's skills, so I try to compensate by adding fullness, avoiding repetitions and working on drumfills etc. Anyway, I'll keep on working on that and get farther away, I never meant to copy Periphery, if I did it was done unconsciously ahah.

i like this you get nice djenty sound soud fresh t me because to much djent sound and bands a begin to reapeat and reapeat over and over again nice soud of the snare i did´t know this and it´s not expesive... great i take a note....
:p

This is sick man, you using S2 for drums?

Awesome riffage, composition, mixing.... so good.

Keep it up dude.

Wow, thank you so much man! I'm using Metal Foundry for everything except the snare and kick (forgot to mention that the kick too comes from a Sturgis pack, added with Kontakt 4)!

Well you can find some guitar patches I made in the patch exchange section, I can't send you the gog files for the kick and snare, as these are copyrighted :(, and the MF kit is the basic one, so nothing too original there. I can upload the bass patch too if you want, or some clean patches, but that'd be all I guess ^^ I'm also using Redwirez Impulses for my guitars, so I can upload my latest guitar patch but unless you've got the same cab sims, you won't get the same sound :(

Very good job. Nice tone and ideas. Don't mean to be rude here, but would you be open to share your Axe Distorted Riffs Preset?
I've been trying to find my own sound I just got an used Ultra in really, like brand new condition.
I was used to record with Vandal amps, TH2, and mixIR2 impulse loader. But since I got the Ultra everything is different now.
Please check my website. Javier H. Cabrera | Free Music, Tour Dates, Photos, Videos

Take care

Back
Top Bottom