Instrument in adjusting

Raab90

Inspired
Hi, I've posted many times that the models in my axe in particular seem to have a lot less gain than their real life counter parts. I explained how I downloaded Clark Kent's Petrucci Rig and my recto patch sounded nothing like him.
Just now I was trying the Seeds' resonator patch and again, his patch on his axe sounded heavy, while mine sounded fender clean.

My instinct told me to go straigh to the i/o page and check out the input trim, Thing is, all this time I've had it on the minimum.
I put it back to 49.8% which is where it used to be by default. Now the patches sound like they're supposed to, and rectos are actually high gain now lol.
The reason I set it to the minimum is because on the manual, it says that the input trim's output is compensated, so moving the knob does not affect the sound. This was not exactly true since it made all my amps extremely low gain.

I'm currently using a guitar with an SH-4 (JB) on the bridge, and playing my hardest makes the red light "tickle". Is this the way it's supposed to be?

Thanks!

the manual is correct .. may on extrem settings like 0% input trim .. for my guitars it doesnt matter wether i set it to 20 or 50 .. when playing with our bass player together over the axe i have to set it to 30 for instance to prevent clipping on his bass signals (both going over Input 1 and keys over input 2) and there is no difference in gain when changing back to 50

HI , I noticed a huge diference in tone plugging my PRS CU24 . I adjusted all my presets with my SUHR custom modern HSH and now my PRS sounds bassy and musshy . Any idea where I need to adjust settings for the PRS ? I tried to put an PEQ in the presets but i can't come up with the same tones.Help. thanks

Thanks man I wish I saw this earlier though.
I've been using the axe wrong the whole time.
Now the recto orange vintage is my high gain fauvorite lol

Right at extreme settings you can go beyond the Axe-fx's ability to compensate. If you set it at minimum it could cause a lower than intended gain (and bad SNR). On the hot side, you could clip the inputs.

Just set it so your hottest guitar is just tickling the red when strumming hard and you'll be fine.

HI , I noticed a huge diference in tone plugging my PRS CU24 . I adjusted all my presets with my SUHR custom modern HSH and now my PRS sounds bassy and musshy . Any idea where I need to adjust settings for the PRS ? I tried to put an PEQ in the presets but i can't come up with the same tones.Help. thanks

If two guitars are wildly different in output/tone etc then I think the best thing to do is copy the finished presets of guitar A to a new location and re-tweak (prob same parameters you tweaked for guitar A) to suit guitar B. So you can have Banks ,or whatever way you want to set preset order up as, set up for guitar changes or string breaks.

Back
Top Bottom