Instrument cable vs. speaker cables

I wanted to get some feedback about using the right cables when running them from the back of the axe into my audio interface.Is there a big difference in audio quality between using a pair of instrument cables or using speaker cables? Thanks for your feedback

I wanted to get some feedback about using the right cables when running them from the back of the axe into my audio interface.Is there a big difference in audio quality between using a pair of instrument cables or using speaker cables? Thanks for your feedback
Use instrument cable.

Speaker cables aren't shielded, and line-level cables should be shielded. Use instrument cables.

XLR cables will work fine. A balanced connection like XLR will give you a hotter signal, if the gear on the other end of the cable is also balanced.

Unless your talking a pretty long signal run, like 100 foot plus, it really doesn't make much difference if your using balanced or unbalanced, XLR or 1/4th", or XLR adapted to balanced 1/4th".
I'm guessing your Axe and your audio interface are quite close to each other, same room likely, so isn't going to make much difference, unlike if your running from a stage to a mixing counsel in the middle of the arena 200 feet a way.

That said, the Axe has a great audio over usb ability with a built in interface which works great. With just a simple USB cable you can do lots of cool stuff like record not only the amped output, but also a DI track, pre-amp and effects, which then lets you do cool things like go back and reamp that track etc.

USB makes life so simple and yet lets you do so much.

Reactions: Rex
Back
Top Bottom