Instant Access LED use

Joero6

Inspired
Currently using the Axe 2 XL+ in conjunction with the Original Rocktron Patchmate. This is controlled by the MFC 101 Mark 3. I use the Patchmate to control 4 external effects pedals in my rack. At the current moment when the IA's for the 4 external pedals are engaged, I get the green LED. However, when they are off there is no LED light. Is there a setting that would allow the led to show red instead of off until engaged? Thanks Joe

There’s no way to use the red LEDs in that mode. Just green and off.
You can, I believe, use a ‘proxy’ block that you won’t need (I’ve used filter 4) not linked to anything. Then change the CC for this to match the message to the patchmate (or the other way around if easier). Now, in the mfc you have a switch that uses red and green LEDs, thinks it’s switching on Filter 4 (or whatever) but it’s actually acting as a proxy for your CC message to the patchmate.
I forget where I got this from, the forum or wiki, but it is out there, and probably better explained!
However, I would question, given your use here, whether it’s actually an advantage. With ‘virtual’ pedals in the AFX, the red led tells you whether it’s just off or not actually there. With your physical pedals they are always connected and present, but could be off or on. All you really need is a green.

Back
Top Bottom