Installing presets

are you using axe edit with usb or midi? or are you using a stand alone midi program with a usb midi interface?

The first 50 of the 6.0 presets are all amp names now. So, if you have amp names all the way to 50, you've got the new presets.

Are you sure? I thought I had my presets right, but I have prince tone for 44 and Blankenship lead for 45? Does this mean mine haven't updated? I did it on axe edit and it updated there on the screen. I just got the machine so I dont have the old presets memorized enough to know if I updated or not?

If you have a Princetone, Citrus, JVM, Super Lead etc. Preset in bank A, you did it right!

Edit: The new presets fall somewhere between 40 and 50, the Princetone and Blankenship are definitely 44 & 45, I was abusing both yesterday.

After watching Manny's video tutorial, I think I got it to work. How can I tell for sure they got sent to the axe?
If you saw Manny's video then it must have worked for sure. To make sure when you transfer new presets to Bank A then while the transfer is happening check the Bank A all the banks would turn green within the existing bank of the Axe FxII. Axe Manage shows that,watch the video again it's pretty self explanatory.

Have fun.

Is Bank A where all the Presets are that were tweaked for V6?

Just wondering because if only Bank A was really tweaked, I may just only load that bank.

Thanks. It must be right then. I just assumed something would show on the axe fx screen while it was transferring.

The AxeManage views in AxeEdit can and will show you in real time as each preset is loaded into the AxeFx II.

The trick is to have two AxeManage windows visible at the same time; one showing your local computer and V6 banks you got from downloading from Fractal and the other window showing the AxeFx II itself.

The AxeFx II window will highlight the presets one at a time as they are overwritten.

1. AxeEdit -> AxeManage
2. Navigate to COMPUTER -> blah blah blah your V6 banks download folder.
3. Open V6 Bank A.
4. Create a new window showing the AxeFx II bank A too: Axe-Manage -> View (upper right) -> New Window -> AxeFx II Bank A.
5. Make sure you can see both AxeManage windows.
6. Go to the local computer AxeManage window. Right click and Send to the AxeFx Bank A.

In the AxeFx II window, each preset will show as it is being overwritten.

Lather, rinse and repeat for banks B and C.

Richard

Back
Top Bottom