Not a Bug Installing Presets, IR’s and Editor freezing

Texan

Updated to 6.0, did refresh all seemed to be well.

Downloaded a few of the gift of tone files, tried to install them using the mange presets tool and the same with the Austin Buddy IR, the editor will not turn the file name green indicating a successful install, also randomly freezes and requires force quit on MacOS Catalina.

Should I reinstall FW6.0?

Probably makes more sense in the FM3-Edit forum, unless your FM3 is actually freezing?

I'd suggest trying a different USB cable and port.

Updated to 6.0, did refresh all seemed to be well.

Downloaded a few of the gift of tone files, tried to install them using the mange presets tool and the same with the Austin Buddy IR, the editor will not turn the file name green indicating a successful install, also randomly freezes and requires force quit on MacOS Catalina.

Should I reinstall FW6.0?
We need details. Exactly which “gift of tone files” AKA “presets” did you try to install? Austin Buddy included several.

The “randomly freezes and requires force quit” symptom sounds like you tried to install the FM9 or FX3 presets.

The OS of the computer doesn’t affect the modeler. The editor is merely a client of the modeler. If the modeler freezes then the editor will temporarily freeze until it times out, but loading something into the modeler that consumes too much CPU could cause the problem.

Back
Top Bottom