1. Recent events require us to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.
    Dismiss Notice

Wish Installation Instructions for Cab Packs

Discussion in 'Axe-Fx II Wish List' started by Todd Berntson, Jul 9, 2018.

?

Should Installation Instructions be added to products that are purchased in the store.

1. Yes, please.

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. No, thank you.

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. Todd Berntson

Todd Berntson
    Expand Collapse
    New here

As far as I can tell, there is no information anywhere on the Fractal Audio Website, or in any manual that explains how to install cab packs that are purchased in the Fractal Audio store. I did a search in the forums and knowledge base and didn't find anything.

I purchased a Cab Pack today for my Axe-FX II XL and cannot upload it via Fractal Bot or Axe Edit. I simply don't know where else to go for answers. It would be really groovy if there was a "Installation Instructions" link next to products that are purchased in the store.

In the description of the Cab Pack, it said that it only works with the Axe FX II and AX8 running firmware 13.0 and later. I think there is only firmware 10.01 at this point.

2. Rex

Rex
    Expand Collapse
    Legend!

Learn the Axe-Manage Cabs function of Axe-Edit. You can use it to audition and load any IRs, whether they come from a Cab Pack or not.

The current firmware is Quantum 10. Original firmware version 13 was seven revisions before Quantum 1, so no worries.

NightWalker likes this.
  3. #3 NightWalker, Jul 9, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2018
    NightWalker

NightWalker
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

you dont need any description.youtube is your friend,there lot of tutorials how to load cabs into the axefx.

i just did this video hope that help you. https://www.screencast.com/t/n6BhebDTIykt

4. Admin M@

Admin M@
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Fractal Audio Systems Moderator

We made an official video for this. Here it is:

Sustainerplayer likes this.