inputs on the RCF NX 12 SMA

bluesmostly

Inspired
I have an RCF NX 12 SMA and it has 2 inputs, 1/4" and an xlr. this might be a simple/dumb question but can I use both inputs simultaneously without damaging something? I would like to run the AXE into one of them and then the computer or something into the other for backing tracks for practicing. thanks!

actually I think you can read the manual I believe it covers this. (please don't try it until you verify, I've sold my RCf and no longer have the manual)

I have never tried it. I know the manual says the balanced and unbalanced connectors are in parallel you you can daisy chain (there is also a second XLR connector) so it would seem all signals would go through to the power amp. Do you have a small mixer? I have a little mini-Mackie mixer that could sub all that (and a few others) to one connection. The NX is a great full range speaker, so I bet running it from a sub-mix like that would sound great.

To the OP, though... I've never tried it. I didn't see a direct reference from the manual. Merlin17 has been running them as long or longer than anyone here, so he's likely sharing good advice.

Manual: http://www.rcf.it/products/pro-speaker-systems/nx-series/nx-12-sma

thanks guys, yeah I didn't see anything in the manual regarding that. a mini mixer is a great idea Rick, thanks. I should have thought of that one!

Back
Top Bottom