• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Input volumes

Rafa Diaz

Inspired
dont know if is my feeling but if I use the from input to 0% and the rear input 2 as well as 0% seems quieter
Is it me or they have different gain, in which case what’s the difference?
Cheers

unix-guy

Legend!
The front and rear inputs are supposed to be identical as far as I am aware.

But what are you talking about setting to 0%? Hopefully not the Global Input Level (or is it called Instrument Level?) control? My understanding is that may affect tone is set below 5%.

FractalAudio

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
Below 5% the gain decreases so, yes, it will be quieter. Why are you setting it to 0%? You shouldn't need to go that low.

Rafa Diaz

Inspired
Below 5% the gain decreases so, yes, it will be quieter. Why are you setting it to 0%? You shouldn't need to go that low.
Because I use an external treble booster and is the only way to avoid clipping...
Any advice if I want to keep using the external tb? Maybe using rear ins?

unix-guy

Legend!
Because I use an external treble booster and is the only way to avoid clipping...
Any advice if I want to keep using the external tb? Maybe using rear ins?
Plug the guitar into the Axe Fx and put the Treble Booster in a loop using either Input/Output 3 or 4?

Rafa Diaz

Inspired
Or simply use the Treble Booster that's built in. It's not like there's any magic to a treble booster.
For Brian May mode the external treble booster makes the difference
Also is a strap one meaning guitar, strap tb, radio, the rest
front input 0% and rear 6% balances, i guess i will keep it like that tho
Cheers guys

Top Bottom