input volume zipper noise

JJunkie

Power User
hi,

I use an FCB1010 and have assigned input volume into the axe to be controlled by expression pedal A for all patches. When using external controllers for wah frequency etc, it is always good to assign some "damping" to avoid the "zipper noise", but as far as I know, this cant be done when controlling input volume???

Can anyone provide advice??

Cheers,

j

JJunkie said:
hi,

I use an FCB1010 and have assigned input volume into the axe to be controlled by expression pedal A for all patches. When using external controllers for wah frequency etc, it is always good to assign some "damping" to avoid the "zipper noise", but as far as I know, this cant be done when controlling input volume???

Cheers,

j

Use a volume block in your patches. I really don't get any zipper noise though.

javajunkie said:
JJunkie said:
hi,

Cheers,

j

Use a volume block in your patches. I really don't get any zipper noise though.

Same here...

Thanks for the replies - i generally dont notice the zipper noise - except with acoustic sim patches - where it becomes very noticeable. I am aware that vol block is a solution, but wanted to see if something could be applied globally.

Cheers,

J

JJunkie said:
Thanks for the replies - i generally dont notice the zipper noise - except with acoustic sim patches - where it becomes very noticeable. I am aware that vol block is a solution, but wanted to see if something could be applied globally.

Cheers,

J

nope. I'll try and see what it does with an acoustic patch though. Maybe it is your fcb. I have not noticed my liquid foot doing that at all.

Back
Top Bottom