Input Volume Drops when Connected to DAW & Randomly Bypassed

KWub

Hi All,

New to the forum, but not to the AxeFX2 (had mine since 2011). On current Firmware. Also searched quite a bit and couldn't find an answer.

A few days ago my AxeFX2 started to act weird when I opened my DAW (Logic ProX) while plugged in to my MacBook Pro via USB. As soon as the program opens, the AxeFX2's input volume for guitars drops considerably. Also, sometimes but not everytime, it will flash BYPASSED on the main screen. I'm not sure why it's doing this, but I'm not quite sure how to remedy it. I know it's input volume because on my more distorted channels you can hear the gate's acting all funny (as if my volume knob on the guitar was way down).

When I restart the unit, it works fine as long as it's unplugged from the computer. After I plug it in, it starts acting weird the second I open Logic.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

That usually means the DAW is sending input volume & bypass CCs (10 & 13) intended for different results with different (keyboard/synth) MIDI devices.

You can try setting those items to "none" at the Axe I/O: CTRL menu. Or, locate a way to disable the CCs (or Axe-FX entirely as MIDI destination) in Logic.

That usually means the DAW is sending input volume & bypass CCs (10 & 13) intended for different results with different (keyboard/synth) MIDI devices.

You can try setting those items to "none" at the Axe I/O: CTRL menu. Or, locate a way to disable the CCs (or Axe-FX entirely as MIDI destination) in Logic.

Thanks! This did the trick.

HI Bakerman:

I'm having a similar issue in Logic tonight -- both Fractal USB MIDI devices (AX8 and Axe-Fx XL) are popping up dialogue boxes constantly asking if I want to use them as audio (I don't). I say no, but they repeat. Can't stop them for cycling the "ask."

Weirdly, in Apple Audio,MIDI Studio, the icons for both the AX8 and XL also grey out and then come back, cycling back and forth.

Wondering if this is related to the above issues you highlighted solutions for? I'm turning off Controllers. Will that solve the problem in Logic Pro X? Is there something I can do on an XL or AX8 that will stop it from being seen as a possible a MIDI or Audio USB device to Logic, but still work for other applications (like Axe-Edit mainly)?

Any further knowledge you can share is appreciated! Thanks in advance.

PS The only midi Keyboard I'm using is Komplete Kontrol S61...then some midi DDrums.

Wondering if this is related to the above issues you highlighted solutions for? I'm turning off Controllers.

I'm not sure what "Controllers" refers to, but disabling something as MIDI destination in DAW software shouldn't prevent Axe/AX8-Edit from working. I don't use Logic so I'm not sure exactly which menus to look in, or whether the gray icon cycling would stop.

If the unwanted messages were being send on only one channel, another possible solution would be to change the Fractal device's channel.

I'm not sure what "Controllers" refers to, but disabling something as MIDI destination in DAW software shouldn't prevent Axe/AX8-Edit from working. I don't use Logic so I'm not sure exactly which menus to look in, or whether the gray icon cycling would stop.

If the unwanted messages were being send on only one channel, another possible solution would be to change the Fractal device's channel.
Thanks ... will set my units to MiDi channel 16 and see if that helps!

Back
Top Bottom