Input USB block

The other day I was thinking that all Input blocks should have selectable sources. Input 1-4 would default to the corresponding hardware inputs but you could freely assign any input, including USB, etc. as a source.

What about the same for the Output block? I had to swap my monitors to Out2 instead of Out1 since I never turn them off, which is a problem when using headphones on Out1 only.

With an assignable out Output block, I could make scenes for live and headphone use within the same preset and leave my front output knobs set.

The other day I was thinking that all Input blocks should have selectable sources. Input 1-4 would default to the corresponding hardware inputs but you could freely assign any input, including USB, etc. as a source.
I'd also love an input mode selector (Stereo, Left, right, etc..) in those blocks, could you add it please? This way we could have different settings per scene/preset instead of relying on the global settings

i tried to do the "don't turn anything off" thing a while ago since so many people here say they do it. one day, i left the house to go to work like normal. i get a call from my landlord that an insanely loud buzz/hum was coming from my room. i rushed home to find a probably 100dB or more constant hum from one of my studio monitors where the power amp failed. it had been going for an hour or more :( I could hear it in my car with the windows up about a block away.

ran in, turned it off, and never left any audio equipment on permanently ever again.

The best change for me would be the ability to split all input/output blocks into separate L/R.

This would double the amount of FX loops we could use (mono of course) and would also help with things like splitting FM3 output (foh with IR / power amp with cab) without sacrificing an fx loop to do it. I know there are workarounds using panning but this would be soooo much easier and useful, not to mention clear and simple to understand when viewing the grid.

I can’t think of a reason not to other.... than how the UI would look to figure out how to split/combine the blocks.

Many great "flexibility" ideas here. My wish has been expanded upon.
If we must start somewhere - It would be useful for the "Input USB block" to have a channel selection drop down rather than the current fixed 7/8 value.

It would be nice to have selectable input channels in the Input USB block, but it would probably work better to select logical channels instead of hardware channels. You could then use a global patch bay to connect the logical channels to the physical channels

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom