Input Trim

You don't need these things at your axefx, because the axefx loading only one channel of the chosen amp ....switching to another amp channel will require X/Y-switching or another preset (or a 2nd amp block and scenes)

Is that the case - you can't swap amp sims in a given block with preset scenes?

I haven't tried this yet - thought I have imagined it.

So if you don't use X/Y switching your presets are limited to two amp types, one per amp block, and use scenes to switch blocks and bypass the other?

If you do use X/Y you can so more of this but without the spillover optimization?

I realize the above is not technically precise - just looking for a feel or pointer to another thread that covers this. :)

You don't need these things at your axefx, because the axefx loading only one channel of the chosen amp ....switching to another amp channel will require X/Y-switching or another preset (or a 2nd amp block and scenes)

I think you misunderstood what I was asking. Mesa and other amp models have "Overdrive" and a gain control. So I thought the Diezel should have one as well, being it has a channel volume and master volume. This is why I thought the "Overdrive" was implemented, for those amps with both.

I think you misunderstood what I was asking. Mesa and other amp models have "Overdrive" and a gain control. So I thought the Diezel should have one as well, being it has a channel volume and master volume. This is why I thought the "Overdrive" was implemented, for those amps with both.

Nope, I fully understand it.....Overdrive on a Boogie or the D-Style Amps (TwoRock, CarolAnn OD2, Fuchs etc.) have two separate gain controls when using the overdrive channel. Input Drive stands for "Channel Volume" or "Volume" or "Gain", or "Drive" or.....etc. Your Diezel Amp has only one Gain per Channel, so the AxeFx-simulation also uses one Gain control knob. BTW: You dont need another Channel Master - use Level on your amp block, it does the job - The Mastervolume on the axefx works for the virtual power amp....

Is that the case - you can't swap amp sims in a given block with preset scenes?

How you would save all the controllers on the chosen amp type in a scene? From my point of view, this is impossible yet. But.....who knows? ;) ..."soon"......meaouw! :ugeek ....Houba!

Nope, I fully understand it.....Overdrive on a Boogie or the D-Style Amps (TwoRock, CarolAnn OD2, Fuchs etc.) have two separate gain controls when using the overdrive channel. Input Drive stands for "Channel Volume" or "Volume" or "Gain", or "Drive" or.....etc. Your Diezel Amp has only one Gain per Channel, so the AxeFx-simulation also uses one Gain control knob. BTW: You dont need another Channel Master - use Level on your amp block, it does the job - The Mastervolume on the axefx works for the virtual power amp....

What does the channel volume on the Diezel do? Again I been using Input trim for no other reason then thinking it adds what the channel volume does on the real amp.

What does the channel volume on the Diezel do? Again I been using Input trim for no other reason then thinking it adds what the channel volume does on the real amp.

I believe the channel volume adjusts the input gain, but with the addition of the ubiquitous bright cap. Input trim allows input gain adjustment without regards to the bright cap.

Overdrive is an additional gain stage that is particular only to certain amps. It would be cascaded after the "channel volume" and not involve a bright cap.

I believe the channel volume adjusts the input gain, but with the addition of the ubiquitous bright cap. Input trim allows input gain adjustment without regards to the bright cap.

Overdrive is an additional gain stage that is particular only to certain amps. It would be cascaded after the "channel volume" and not involve a bright cap.

I knew there was a reason I was using the input trim. Forgot about all the above. Thanks!

Channel Volume is a master for that channel. It is not equivalent to Input Trim. The Master is the overall Master.

How you would save all the controllers on the chosen amp type in a scene? From my point of view, this is impossible yet. But.....who knows? ;) ..."soon"......meaouw! :ugeek ....Houba!

IIIII don't know :lol

And I am starting to feel guilty about wasting everybody's time for asking such questions without having tested the limits myself.

Ya know - you're away from yer AXE at work - wishing you were with "her" - and ya just can't help yerself! ;)

Last edited:
All this time I thought it was the same as input trim. Damn me. Thanks, Cliff for clearing this up.
it's simply there for each channel so that you can balance all three. like a mixer if you will. otherwise channel volumes would be all over the place. not need with the Axe at all.

it's simply there for each channel so that you can balance all three. like a mixer if you will. otherwise channel volumes would be all over the place. not need with the Axe at all.

Precisely. It is located in a weird spot though and I think that is why it's confusing. Personally I feel as though they should have made it the bottom-most knob.

Moot point maybe but for the jumpered amps, should you you drop the input trim for true authenticity (assuming you were not using a buffer before the amps)? I just have this memory of the guitar signal being loaded down by two amps (or two channels) when I have done this previously, so that the full signal doesn't get to each input when both were activated via a passive ABY box.

Moot point maybe but for the jumpered amps, should you you drop the input trim for true authenticity (assuming you were not using a buffer before the amps)? I just have this memory of the guitar signal being loaded down by two amps (or two channels) when I have done this previously, so that the full signal doesn't get to each input when both were activated via a passive ABY box.

get away from the traditional way of thinking when using the axefx. Turn input trim to zero and and it is not there....

Better leave on 1, there is no zero anyway, at zero it would be -∞ dB. "Input Trim" is a multiplier.

Missspelling - sorry! But thanks for schooling me.....

PS: Was ment this way because there is no zero in scale.....(zero for 0dB since the range goes from -20dB to + 20dB).

Cheers
Paco

I used input trim a little bit in my final tone, but it changed the character of my tone I don't wanted it. while I put it in 1.010, so I put it again in default position :(,
My pickups is EMG and my patch is extreme heavy.

I used input trim a little bit in my final tone, but it changed the character of my tone I don't wanted it. while I put it in 1.010, so I put it again in default position :(,
My pickups is EMG and my patch is extreme heavy.

If your patch is already heavy in gain , maybe the better use of input trim is for decrease and not for more gain...
If you like the tonal character of you drive and you want less gain ...

I think increasing input trim is for medium to low input drive settings where the upper frequencies opens as Cliff stated BUT You may want more gain and a the same time you want the same tonal character of this drive settings...

I hope this help you

In the real world at gig levels it's normal to lower the gain tweaked at low volume ... Not need at all to increase

Back
Top Bottom