Input trim

daniel186

I’m playing a low output guitar and it peaks the orange lights. The problem is the output is very low on almost all presets. Is there a universal input trim? I am having to change the amp level on each scene and patch... :-(

...if you're talking about input trim in the amp block that has nothing to do with the input levels for the unit.
This.

Let's find out why your output is low. What do the output meters show (go to Layout, and then zoom out; you'll see the meters in the top part of the screen).

Also. do you have your output level knob turned up?

In IO Settings, what is your Output 1 Level set to? The default is -10dBV, you may need to change it to +4dBu.

Last edited:
In the I/O settings on the "Setup" page, under "Input Configuration," there's an input pad that you can toggle between 6db and 0db. 6 is the default. Try setting it to 0.

When you say the "the output is very low on almost all presets", I assume you mean the output volume of the FM3 and not the fact that your guitar isn't tickling the red. The problem is your output volume is low (and you've already tried simply turning up the output knob) then see my previous post about changing the output mode because no input settings are going to make the presets louder. If you're worried that your guitar isn't tickling the red then you can adjust the input pad, but that does not result in a hotter signal hitting the first block in the grid. It just optimizes the signal-to-noise ratio of the A/D converter.

When I'm switching between guitars with different output levels (specifically, between a single-coil Strat and a humbucker Les Paul), I use a Boss LS2 line selector which has independent level controls for the two inputs. I bump up the Strat a little bit so I don't need to tweak the patches to make it sound right.

Thank you for all the help!! So my guitar has passive pickups and an active boost. The battery was dead. After replacing it, it requires 10bd pad to keep the input out of the red! It is amazing how different the patches are with a better signal!! It really is very touch/ volume sensitive!

Back
Top Bottom