Input Trim and Mesa Amps

ari

Inspired
On my quest to replace my Triaxis once and for all, I sat down today for an hour and AB'ed my settings to create a Mesa Mark IV patch like my triaxis (Lead 2 green). Now, most mesa mark's have a gain knob and a drive knob (not the rectos). In advanced settings there's an Input Trim knob. Would adjusting that be similar in any way to mesa's Pre-Gain Controls?

Thanks, and any advice to get closer to the mark tone is welcome. PS, the "Petrucci Rhythm is a nice place to start IMO..."
Thanks guys
Ari

Input trim adjust the level in ton the amp block. It would be equivalent to your guitar sending a louder or softer signal.

Thank you Sean! I think i nailed it this morning! I hope to post a video/clip of my triaxis and axe fx side by side both running Into my 50/50 and ev12l. Just using the Amp block and the Parametric EQ.

I'd be interested in hearing that. I've been trying to match my Lead 2 Yellow tone without much success. Low levels are close but turning up is not. What amp sim are you using? I actually seem to get closer with the Fryette model so far. Sounds like we have a similar setup except I'm using a 20/20 into 2x12 EVM12L. I did the 'deep mod' on the 20/20 before and think I may need to undo it now.

Hey, I actually worked with the lead 2 green setting on my tri. I will post something asap. I used the petrucci rhythm patch, but messed with a bunch of the settings. That got me the feel. Then I flew in the eq from the petrucci patch, and flattened it a bit because I only use the dynamic range in the triaxis on 3. If I gig with this and it works live I know I can nail the lead 2 yellow too.

Cool. I want to replace my Triaxis-GForce with this Axe. I just hope I don't find out I'm an unconvertable 'tube snob' 8)

Back
Top Bottom