• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Input Trim and Mesa Amps

ari

Inspired
On my quest to replace my Triaxis once and for all, I sat down today for an hour and AB'ed my settings to create a Mesa Mark IV patch like my triaxis (Lead 2 green). Now, most mesa mark's have a gain knob and a drive knob (not the rectos). In advanced settings there's an Input Trim knob. Would adjusting that be similar in any way to mesa's Pre-Gain Controls?

Thanks, and any advice to get closer to the mark tone is welcome. PS, the "Petrucci Rhythm is a nice place to start IMO..."
Thanks guys
Ari

javajunkie

Input trim adjust the level in ton the amp block. It would be equivalent to your guitar sending a louder or softer signal.

ari

Inspired
Thank you Sean! I think i nailed it this morning! I hope to post a video/clip of my triaxis and axe fx side by side both running Into my 50/50 and ev12l. Just using the Amp block and the Parametric EQ.

hyderipper

Experienced
I'd be interested in hearing that. I've been trying to match my Lead 2 Yellow tone without much success. Low levels are close but turning up is not. What amp sim are you using? I actually seem to get closer with the Fryette model so far. Sounds like we have a similar setup except I'm using a 20/20 into 2x12 EVM12L. I did the 'deep mod' on the 20/20 before and think I may need to undo it now.

ari

Inspired
Hey, I actually worked with the lead 2 green setting on my tri. I will post something asap. I used the petrucci rhythm patch, but messed with a bunch of the settings. That got me the feel. Then I flew in the eq from the petrucci patch, and flattened it a bit because I only use the dynamic range in the triaxis on 3. If I gig with this and it works live I know I can nail the lead 2 yellow too.

hyderipper

Experienced
Cool. I want to replace my Triaxis-GForce with this Axe. I just hope I don't find out I'm an unconvertable 'tube snob' 8)

Top Bottom