Input number changeable by scene

Grievous66

Inspired
A band with 2 guitars here. When I'm home making/changing presets home just by myself, I would like to be able to have the option that on a specific scene, the input number for a row, to be changed to another number. That will give me the possibility to hear how the other signal path/row would sound, without plugging the guitar on another cable for input 2 when I make some changes, or swap in Axe-edit the input blocks.
One more advantage would be that the amount of CPU used, would be reduced a lot, because now I can have just one signal path/row with a lot of effects, and the other row I could consider it as a rhythm signal path/row, without effects. So in a live experience, if a guitar player has to engage a effect, let's say for a solo, then the input number from the signal path/row will change to input he is plugged in. How I see that, would be that the inputs would not be treated as input number 1,2,3 or 4, but just as inputs (and they can be 4 3 or 2 depending on Axe..FX3 , FM9, FM3). Then inside the input block there should be another parameter as an integer (1-4) who will give that block from where the sound would be processed.
1631388324938.png

Just place two multiplexer blocks after your inputs (both inputs connected to both multiplexer) and connect the first multiplexer output to the first row, the second one to second row. Done

Just place two multiplexer blocks after your inputs (both inputs connected to both multiplexer) and connect the first multiplexer output to the first row, the second one to second row. Done
Awesome....thank you...didn't knew that one...I should have read the whole manual...lol
one thing thou ...all this adds some background noise even if there is no cable in input 2. someone knows why?
1631391113701.png

Awesome....thank you...didn't knew that one...I should have read the whole manual...lol
one thing thou ...all this adds some background noise even if there is no cable in input 2. someone knows why?
View attachment 88458
Probably cuz selecting input 2 in the multiplexer defeats the noise gate in the input block. I think it's better if you connect the input blocks to the multiplexers and select the corresponding row there

I already did that...actually that's how I tried first and I noticed the background noise which is preety noticeble even if the guitars volumes are down, or no guitar on In2. No matter what, the moment when there are 2 M-plex the noise comes up. Without both M-plexes it is dead quiet. I don't know...this is pretty annoying
1631392320333.png

I already did that...actually that's how I tried first and I noticed the background noise which is preety noticeble even if the guitars volumes are down, or no guitar on In2. No matter what, the moment when there are 2 M-plex the noise comes up. Without both M-plexes it is dead quiet. I don't know...this is pretty annoying
View attachment 88459
Hmm.. that's strange, maybe a bug?

(In this screenshot input select is still set to "input 2" though, should be set to "row 5", or "row 1" if you want to exchange inputs... And each input block should be connected to both multiplexer blocks)

Input 2 is a specially designed jack that can have some noise if nothing is plugged in. i use Input 3 for a 2nd guitar since it's a more normal 1/4" jack, and not the special combination jack.

Input 2 is a specially designed jack that can have some noise if nothing is plugged in. i use Input 3 for a 2nd guitar since it's a more normal 1/4" jack, and not the special combination jack.
If so, then why when there is no multiplexes in that row, there is dead quiet and when I place it in the chain, there is background noise....believe me..I tried with a guitar plugged in the input or without..and there is definitely a noise.

If so, then why when there is no multiplexes in that row, there is dead quiet and when I place it in the chain, there is background noise....believe me..I tried with a guitar plugged in the input or without..and there is definitely a noise.
no idea. i'd use Input 3 and avoid the whole thing.

Did you pay attention to what I said here?

(In this screenshot input select is still set to "input 2" though, should be set to "row 5", or "row 1" if you want to exchange inputs... And each input block should be connected to both multiplexer blocks)

Did you pay attention to what I said here?
Easy buddy......just trying all possibilities 1st ...and yeah... you were right. Thank you!! works perfectly with using rows 1-2 etc in M-plex...no noise. Using inputs seams to create noise...
1631393561375.png

Easy buddy......just trying all possibilities 1st ...and yeah... you were right. Thank you!! works perfectly with using rows 1-2 etc in M-plex...no noise. Using inputs seams to create noise...
View attachment 88461
Glad it worked. Selecting inputs in the multiplexer basically connects it directly to the physical inputs, "bypassing" the input block and its noise gate. This is why there's noise ;)

no idea. i'd use Input 3 and avoid the whole thing.
You might be also right...using input1 and 3 with M-plex, gives no noise al all...So there must be something with input2 and m-plex used on same time. Pretty much if u want to use M-plex and Input2+any other input, then u must use rows in M-plex. Maybe as DLC86 was saying...a bug?
Anyway ...thank you guys...problem solved...more CPU for me now...I gotta redo some presets now..lol
1631394093268.png

Yeah, can be...but not in my situation... I'm trying to go as streamline as possible. I would need to add another piece of gear in the chain and for what?..so I can tap dance even more? And why?... when all this can be done internally in Axe.
Thank you thou.
Cool. Not for shows. Just a thought to aid in working on the presets at home without having to modify the live presets.:cool:

Getting back on this...the method with 2 M-plex worked...but..there are some artifacts (like spillovers) at scene changes, when M-plexers change channels and switch inputs. I played around and organize the preset differently using Vol/Pan blocks and I have no lag or artifacts and CPU around 70-72%. Again...my goal was to have 2 guitars and one bass and use as less of CPU. I will post the patch in another thread in case someone else would be interested.
1631470408598.png

Back
Top Bottom