Input Levels for humbucker and single coil

bluesk165

Inspired
Hi, friends

I have 2 kinds of guitars such as ES-335 and Fender strat.

I have set up all preset with strat and then I use 335, it's too much the INPUT Levels.

How can I control the Input Levels of all preset at once for both of 2 guitars?

** Hope, this question is clear.....

Place a NULL FILTER first in your preset grid. Use its level to turn down the humbuckers or turn up the single coils. Season to taste as they say .... Then you can save the FILTER block(s) to the library and recall them as needed.

Not sure if you're saying the 335 is actually clipping/overloading the input or just that it's too much difference in level from the Strat's pickups.

If the 335 is lighting up the input clip light then you will need to set levels on the FX8 for that guitar as it is your loudest one. Section 3 - Page 21 of the manual.

If it's just too much drop in level between the 335's humbucker pickups and the Strat's singles then VegasGuitar's method above sounds good if you have room to add the Filter block.

If you can't spare the grid space for the filter block and can't live with the natural difference in level between a humbucker loaded guitar and a single coil guitar then you might need to think about setting up separate presets for each guitar and adjust the preset pre/post Output levels to suit.

it's typically advised to set your Input volume for your loudest guitar, and then leave it there even with other guitars. the input setting is mostly a Signal-to-Noise ratio adjustment.

on a real amp, we would just adjust the master volume knob if one guitar was less loud than another. some people put a filter block as advised above, and others make different sets of presets for each guitar. my vote would be fore different presets per guitar - it usually ends up better that way. but you'd still keep that Input setting the same, adjusted for your loudest guitar.

Or you could simply put a clean boost in front of FX8. On for Strat off for 335. Thinking EP Booster or the like.

Back
Top Bottom