input Level / music man jp6 bfr guitar

I have the input level at max and still not getting any clipping. i read you should get clipping then turn level down slightly. Is there other setting i could increase input level.

Last edited:
If the level is hitting close to the red then you are OK. I had one of those guitars and I got the red on 60% input level.

I have a couple BFR's.

Is it a newer one with the Crunch Lab/Liquifire pickups, or an older one with the D-Sonic/Custom Neck? Or have you replaced the stock pickups? For reference, the D-Sonic is 390mV output and the Crunch Lab is 410mV output. They're not too far apart.

Also, check your battery...if you're using the mono output it's an active/buffered signal and a dead battery will cause low output from the guitar.

Clipping isn't technically correct. What you want for ideal signal to noise ratio is for the red on the INPUT meters just flickering when you hit hard. The output level is irrelevant in this instance.

Again, the "tickling the red" is purely for optimising signal to noise ratio.

Edit: For what it's worth, I have a lot of Les Paul's some with the same pickup configs (Suhr Aldrich) and none of them light up the reds at the same input level. One barely lights it all the way up at 90%.

I have a JP6 BFR and the input max's out around 25-27% and I notice a taint to the signal when I go past this, I just assumed that is how this works. My Strat can go up to 75% before I see red.

No wonder we all get slightly different results with the Axe when the inputs of relatively similar deveices can vary like this. The JP6 and Axe is a great combination for me though and sounds great. :)

Your video looks like you need to turn it down a little bit. The red lights at the top of the meter should light up occasionally when you hit the strings hard, not the clip light.

No i dont use the output for the piezo and i just changed to a new battery.

Heres a video : axe fx input level - YouTube

out 1 clip should light right if its clipping? or is it the top meter of input level. im noob at this device as i got it yesterday.

I think someone also answered you above....

But your input level is lighting the meter level (from your video..just fine...should not need it that high to tickle the red though). It should tickle the reds at the top of the 'Input' 1 L/R meter if you strum hard. You will not see the out 1 clip light up unless you are clipping the 'output' levels on a block etc. in the preset. Hope that helps

Thanks for answers, i think i got it now. First i thought it was the out 1 clip diode that should light up when its clipping couse the 4 diodes at the input looks all green to me, i must be color blind lol..so its the top of those 4 that are red if its clipping?

out 1 clip should NEVER light up. that has to do with the block/preset levels, not the input... hence "out" clip :)

Back
Top Bottom