Input clipping after a re-install of 12.02

dschaaf

Experienced
After using 12.02 for awhile (which is awesome BTW) I just wanted to wipe the Axe II clean and start fresh. Ran the clean_v11.syx file, cleared out user cabs and reset all parameters etc.

The thing that I noticed is that since FW 6.0 I have always have the Instru Input level in the I/O menu set to roughly 32.5% for my main guitar, a Gibson Les Paul Standard ('59 RI) with stock pup's dso I am just tickling the reds as far as input clipping. This was the case with FW 12.02 as well on my initial install.

After doing the clean and re-install (and setting the I/O instru In back to 32.5%) I noticed that I was constantly clipping the reds so I had to turn the inout level down to around 16.5% to be back to just tickling the reds. Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks,
D

yep.
I have to adjust levels each time I upgrade FW. Sometime also change amp/cab levels not to tickle the reds.
use only around 20 sounds, so its still manageable.

Thanks guys :)

It's not a bad thing at all as it is fine after I set the Input, just thought it was odd that it would change.

Last edited:
I just saw this from FW 13 to 14. Had to back it down a touch. What are you guys setting the input at?

Sent from Windows Phone Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom