Input block Impedance question.

Tom Morris

Power User
I play several guitars into the AFXIII. When practicing at home wired with a guitar cable I have one guitar that's a little brash so I was playing around with the input block impedance. The question is when using a wireless will this achieve the same affect?

Wouldn't it depend on exactly where the impedance circuit is located. I'm guessing that it is a part of the digital domain in case it doesn't matter if you're connected with a cable or not.

Let me be the first to correct myself.
From the wiki: "Variable input impedance changes the analog circuitry of the input jack to interact with the guitar pickup. It recreates the way that some classic effects “load down” pickups, causing a change in frequency response".

Right, so if you use a wireless you effectively lose this capability, as the wireless unit is the first thing your Axe will 'see'. Typically wireless rigs provide very high impedance to the guitar.

Exactly - or to be pedantic, your guitar is always 'seeing' the wireless transmitter and has no visibility of what is happening after that.

If you use a cable the input impedance of the III will load the guitar pickups differently depending on the setting

I play several guitars into the AFXIII. When practicing at home wired with a guitar cable I have one guitar that's a little brash so I was playing around with the input block impedance. The question is when using a wireless will this achieve the same affect?
No, the wireless acts as a buffer.

Back
Top Bottom