Input and output blocks

Hey guys. Belated Happy Holidays to everyone!

I don't own any Fractal product yet, except for the MFC Mk3, so please excuse my ignorance. Is it possible to use the input and output blocks this way?

(All blocks in one grid only)
Guitar > input 1 > out 3 left > ext efx 1 > input 3 left > out 3 right > ext efx 2 > input 3 right > output 2 to amp or PA or DAW.

Basically, can the in/out blocks be used as dual mono, like a pedal loop switcher? I'm not sure if multiple instances of the same in/out block is possible.

Thanks!

Basically, can the in/out blocks be used as dual mono, like a pedal loop switcher? I'm not sure if multiple instances of the same in/out block is possible.
It’s possible. You can’t have multiple instances of I/O blocks. But with clever routing, you can send different signals to left and right, and process incoming left and right signals differently.

But with a whole arsenal of world-class effects and complex internal routing possibilities, it’s rare for anyone to want more than one or two external effects complicating their rig, and most of us have no need for any external gear.

Can you provide an example?
Use a block that can select right or left input. You get two each of Send and Receive blocks that can feed a signal backward in your grid. It won’t be as full-featured as a dedicated loop switcher, but it will work.

To be honest, if you want complex loop switching, get a loop switcher. That’s not what the Axe-Fx was designed to do. The Axe was designed for people who want to get away from all the outboard cables and do their routing inside the box, in whatever order they want.

Use a block that can select right or left input. You get two each of Send and Receive blocks that can feed a signal backward in your grid. It won’t be as full-featured as a dedicated loop switcher, but it will work.

Thanks! That is pretty clever. Shows how much I don't know about Axe routing.

What are those blueish circles with numbers inside? They look kinda cool, and for some reason I don't get them in my Edit. :D

Guitar > input 1 > out 3 left > ext efx 1 > input 3 left > out 3 right > ext efx 2 > input 3 right > output 2 to amp or PA or DAW.

It’s possible.

Maybe I'm missing something, but how is it possible to feed Input 3 Left into Output 3 Right when Output 3 is already on the grid before Input 3 (processing Left)?

I guess maybe using the Send/Return blocks plus some panning using some other block?

Maybe I'm missing something, but how is it possible to feed Input 3 Left into Output 3 Right when Output 3 is already on the grid before Input 3 (processing Left)?

I guess maybe using the Send/Return blocks plus some panning using some other block?

Input 3 doesn't have to be after Output 3 on the grid. This can get the OP's full "both loops on" path at least, with no send/return.

Separate bypass ability for each mono loop would make the preset more complicated. I would only recommend trying to set this up if every other option like out/in 4 was used already.

Input 3 doesn't have to be after Output 3 on the grid. This can get the OP's full "both loops on" path at least, with no send/return.

Separate bypass ability for each mono loop would make the preset more complicated. I would only recommend trying to set this up if every other option like out/in 4 was used already.
But the routing he shows feeds the output of the "left loop" into the input of the "right loop". That is what I am questioning...

If he wanted those 2 loops parallel, then sure, I understand.

Block info button next to the quick build button
Sorry for the derail... But using the 'Block Info' or 'Alt key' doesn't look like that here on my Windows PC. Windows vs Mac? That looks way easier to read than what I get?

And it should be A, B, C, D, etc.. Not 1, 2, 3, 4, ???
axe3 block info.png

Back
Top Bottom