Input 3 right level on startup

Stringer76

Hi everyone. Upon startup after loading is complete, the input 3 right meter on my Axe III is completely lit up and stays this way for generally one to three minutes before slowly going back to unlit. Everything is normal then until the next time I start the unit up. I have nothing plugged into any of the inputs other than the front panel instrument input and the USB input. It has done this on every startup since I got it this past Thursday. As far as I can tell there is nothing wrong with how the unit is working, but this doesn’t seem like it would be normal behavior. Has anyone else experienced this or have any ideas?

I ran a test after posting this. I made a preset connecting Input 3 directly to Output 1 to see if the "level" that I am seeing is audible. The level is definitely visible on the Output 1 right meter, and there is an audible crackling noise coming from my right monitor, that very gradually gets softer until finally ending with a loud pop when the meters go to zero. I am guessing by the lack of responses here that no one else has experienced a similar issue. Really strange in that everything else appears to work perfectly. Could it be a grounding issue with that particular input? The only thing I had connected was the USB cable and my monitor outputs. I even tried disconnecting the USB cable with the same result.

I had a very similar issue. I opened a support ticket and they took great care of me. Required a replacement unit in my case.

Back
Top Bottom