Input 2 Question

EricP1954

Experienced
I need a tip to set up the stereo input channels on the rear of the unit.

I know that this topic has been brought up often, but I I recently scored a Roland VG-99 and want to set up a preset that uses the rear stereo inputs. I have tried setting up a new preset and setting the input to rear, but to no avail, I do not get a signal.

I do have a preset set up that uses the front input and then I set up the FX Loop Return to run in parallel, but I would like to have a dedicated preset that works off the rear inputs.

hmm, you just set the Input 1 to Rear instead of front in the I/O menu, and use the rear inputs.

you're saying you don't get any signal at all?

when you don't get signal, what happens if you plug your guitar directly into Input 1L on the rear?

I go to the IO menu, page over to Audio and the fourth item down is Input 1 Left Select-Currently it is on FRONT I changed that to REAR

I am getting sound from the guitar.

Just set the remainder of the preset up as usual then with the input selection set to rear?

I think you did the trick, thanks Chris!

I go to the IO menu, page over to Audio and the fourth item down is Input 1 Left Select-Currently it is on FRONT I changed that to REAR

I am getting sound from the guitar.

Just set the remainder of the preset up as usual then with the input selection set to rear?

I think you did the trick, thanks Chris!
yup. the Input Block is the long thing on the far left of any preset on the Axe2. if you set the I/O to Front, that would be the front going through the preset. if you set it to Rear, it'd be the rear inputs going through the preset.

be sure to set Input 1 to Stereo (if that's an option, i don't remember) if you want an actual Stereo input.

Hmm, I definitely can change the input from front to rear on the I/O menu (there is an option for stereo there), but I don't see the option in the input block, unless I'm blindly missing it. I looked both on the front panel of the unit itself and in the Axe Edit menu.

Hmm, I definitely can change the input from front to rear on the I/O menu (there is an option for stereo there), but I don't see the option in the input block, unless I'm blindly missing it. I looked both on the front panel of the unit itself and in the Axe Edit menu.
Front or Rear in I/O is the Input block option. i was just saying you don't need to add or change anything in the Layout/Preset. that Front/Rear option sets the Input block up.

Back
Top Bottom