Fixed Input 2 copies Input 1 when Input 1 Source is set to USB

philipacamaniac

Fractal Fanatic
I'm not sure if this is by design or a bug (feels like a bug to me).

When Input 1 Source is set to Analog, Input 2 acts like normal, pulling signal from the analog FX Return jacks. But when you set Input 1 Source to USB (Channels 3/4), the Input 2 grid block becomes an exact copy of the Input 1 grid block. You still see analog input gain changes on Input 2 on the physical meter, but you can't actually hear Input 2.

My use case was simple: I had pre-recorded a track for re-amping, and I wanted to put an external effect into the fx loop of the FM3 during re-amping.

Not expecting any input from FAS on this over the weekend of course, but can anyone else with an FM3 confirm?

To test:
  1. Confirm that Input 1 is set to Analog (under SETUP > I/O)
  2. Plug an audio signal into Input 2. This can be your guitar, a tone generator, whatever.
  3. Place an Input 2 block on the grid and route it to Output 1.
  4. Confirm that you can hear audio from Input 2 as expected.
  5. Switch your Input 1 source to USB.
  6. Are you still hearing the Input 2 signal?

Extra credit testing:
  1. Set Input 1 source to USB (under SETUP > I/O)
  2. Create a blank grid preset with only an Input 2 block routed to Output 1.
  3. Play audio from your DAW and route it to FM3 USB 3/4.
  4. Can you hear audio from your DAW? (I can, which tells me the Input 2 block is a copy of Input 1 when Input 1 is set to USB).

I tried out the first steps and I'm experiencing the same problem. I didn't try it in my DAW since the audio playback in 1.05 through the DAW is wonky right now (see the other bug thread).

Back
Top Bottom