Initiating Multiple Effect with one Controller Button

sprint

Axe-Master
Hi:

I'd like to do the following:

1. Control Comp, Drive, Delay with separate controller switches. This is easy enough - I'm doing it using the on/off values in the IO/CTRL menu.

2. In addition - Control all of the above (Comp, Drive, Delay) with a single controller switch (separate from the ones above). This is easy enough as well, through modifier + external controller BUT: when I add modifiers to the bypass of these effects, #1 above no longer works.

Seems like I can have #1 or #2 but not both. Can any one provide any tips on this? (I'm using PODHD500 and FCB1010 for controllers).

I want to do this because I have a lead sound that involves all 3 of these FX that I'd like to invoke with one tap but there are times when I only want a subset of these 3 Fx turned on.

I don't know if the MFC can do it (edit: apparently so, see below), but the Liquid Foot series could. You can set up IAs for #1 easily enough, and then you can set up an IA that sends the IA ON command for all 3 when it's turned on, and the IA OFF command for all 3 when turned off. I've got my LF+ Jr+ right now, but not the Axe yet, so I can't test it out for sure, but it should work.

Of course, you could also just have two copies of the preset, one with the 3 on, one with the 3 off, and use any basic controller to swap between them. But I can understand wanting it as an IA if you typically toggle this combo on and off across a lot of different presets.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom