Informal Poll - How many pedals are you using?

mferrand

Inspired
Hey All,

I have been using two pedals with my Ax8 since I've had it. One is a volume and the other is an assignable expression / wah.

I am thinking now that I really don't need a volume pedal as I rarely change the setting and if I needed to, I could adjust the volume from the board. I do use a 'solo' button that boosts my level by about 4 dB.

How many pedals do you use and what are their functions?

Cheers, Mike

TWO. Exp pedal for volume, and a BigSky reverb. I keep getting GAS and going shopping, but darnint, I don't need anything else!!!

Single pedal. Using the Multiplexer to switch between functions (Wah, Whammy, Volume etc.).

I have my patches set up for 2 - one for volume, the other for wah etc. But I often only bring one for wah because I don't use the volume very often.

Same as jefferski - one for Wah, other for volume... but I rarely - if ever - use the volume pedal (but it’s there should I ever have the need/ urge).

one expression pedal for volume always. if i need a wah or whammy, i use a momentary Control Switch on the AX8 itself.

1 EV-1 for volume always, after amp & cab before delay, 100% of the time.
1 EV-1 for Wah, in use only 5% of the time. So it rarely gets plugged in.
1 EV-2 in my gig bag, just in case. :cool:

one expression pedal for volume always. if i need a wah or whammy, i use a momentary Control Switch on the AX8 itself.

How does that work? Are you able to create a switch that switches the function of the expression pedal or are you saying you use one of the AX8's foot switch for the momentary control and the wah or whammy is an autowah or something? Sounds interesting.

Two expression pedals (dedicated volume and wah) and two Mission XPB-Rs (external knobs for boost level and delay mix level); I've programmed these into almost all of my presets.

Just one, a Mission expression pedal that is a wah, and on other patches is a whammy.
Been thinking about using it as a volume pedal too, for swells. Basically since it's always up by default, I could have that be 100% volume and I can press down to turn it down and swell up. Basically I don't want to buy another expression pedal for volume :p

Set a CS to momentary with auto engage. Set the Damping time around 100ms, and you have a wah with the switch itself.

I have been thinking about adding auto-wah to switch but with latching (doing away with the expression pedal). Going to give this try. Still trying to get that smooth sweep on the wah block (envelope filter, etc) by using latching.

I have been thinking about adding auto-wah to switch but with latching (doing away with the expression pedal). Going to give this try. Still trying to get that smooth sweep on the wah block (envelope filter, etc) by using latching.
to clarify, my example makes it go "wah" when pressing the switch, as if you're moving the pedal from 0 to 100. this video doesn't show an "auto-wah" but a wah block that uses auto-engage to turn on the block when the button is pressed and it sweeps the control knob.

Back
Top Bottom