Darki

Hello everyone!
I’ve always dreamed of having that synthy kinda infinite sustain on the guitar but with its True Tone. I was wondering if there is this anyway to sorta do this with the axe?
I was thinking about having the hold from the reverb connected to an ADSR, but I don’t seem to have much control over the controller, it holds on random notes, and the sound sounds too reverby and broad.
Does anyone have suggestions?

Thank you
Darki

Check out U2’s With or Without You.

Originally recorded in the mid 80s with a Infinite Sustain guitar built by an associate of Edge’s.

Most people use an E-bow, or. Fender Ed O’Brien Sustainer Strat.

Would be awesome if we can get the Axe III to do it.

Check out U2’s With or Without You.

Originally recorded in the mid 80s with a Infinite Sustain guitar built by an associate of Edge’s.

Most people use an E-bow, or. Fender Ed O’Brien Sustainer Strat.

Would be awesome if we can get the Axe III to do it.
If it takes a physical device or pickup to make the string keep vibrating and change notes at will, I can’t see the Axe or any other device truly creating that.

There are similar tricks, but nothing really matches what an e-bow does.

Well, we’ve launched satellites, hacked Google, and made serious inroads into Artificial Intelligence by using the Axe FX III...

I guess we found the only thing the unit can’t do!

So I’ve found, in using the E-bow, it produces a far higher signal strength than strumming or picking. I work around this by setting scenes with different output levels for the E-bow parts. It’s one FS tap to change and I don’t have to fiddle with a volume pedal and make sure I set that right in the heat of the battle.

I went to GC and tried the FreqOut for my purposes (U2 songs with infinite sustain, and my own writing and recording). I couldn't get it to do what I wanted, but I'm sure others find it quite useful.

It is possible to achieve this.

I think Javajunkie made a preset long ago.
Relying on an expression pedal to crank a Compressor and copious delay.

Or use an E-Bow.

One of the best sounding options is the fernandez sustainor pickup. But it requires a bit of modification to your guitar. Coming in at second place would be the Digitech Freqout. And in third place, the pitch block called feedback simulator.

Attachments

• Feedback Simulator v13(AxeFx II).syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 72
Back
Top Bottom