Infinite Journey tribute band: fx3

DallasGlenn2005

Experienced
This is my first time hearing the FX3 live. I don’t know if their guitarist is on here, but damn it sounds good. Infinite Journey is a Dallas based tribute band, and I came out at the last minute. I’m way in the back, but managed to grab a photo. Guitarist tosses out more pics than Rick Nielsen so wear your safety glasses if you get up close

Edit: talked to their sound guy after the show. It’s the FX3 to FOH and that’s it. Again, great sound and impressive player.

Edit 2: Found him. He’s in here. @BullockGuitars
Paul, great show last night. Real jealous of the lighted guitar you used on Don’t Stop Believ’n.
8D61AC11-92C8-4FC7-8762-D7E041DD6191.jpeg37D61DBD-05BE-429E-94BA-131416FEAC93.jpeg

Last edited:
Thanks for reaching out and sharing your observations. You've got some really keen eyes to spot the FX3 up there. I love it! I've been doing a debrief with our sound engineer after the shows to continually dial in the tones. I'm really happy with it. Here's a better look at the light-up guitar. Clearly inspired by Ace (my earliest guitar hero). I built it for the challenge and brought it out for a couple of Infinite Journey shows just to be outrageous. That was back in 2016... and now folks get upset when I don't bring it to a gig just for that song.

Attachments

• Paul Bullock Guitars 2016 (229).jpg
    Paul Bullock Guitars 2016 (229).jpg
    908.6 KB · Views: 87
  • Paul Bullock Guitars 2016 (230) copy.jpg
    Paul Bullock Guitars 2016 (230) copy.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 85
Looks like the guitar is a PRS with a sustainer?
Now that's an eye for detail. Yes that's correct. It has a Fernandes sustainer pickup in the bridge along with a DiMarzio Hot Rails pickup. There is a Seymour Duncan SH-11 in the bridge. It's the only guitar in my lineup that I didn't build. In fact, it's probably the only guitar that I've played in a live setting over the past 10+ years that I didn't build.

Any chance you’ll post your Neal Schon preset??
This is my main amp tone that I use on most of the set. I really tried to match the tone with a Mesa Combo amp that I had used for years prior to shifting over to the Fractals. You'll need to link your foot pedal to the Delay Gain to tame the delay levels and make the preset usable. I basically tap the tempo per the song and dial the delay level up and down as needed via the pedal. Scene 1 for the main parts of the song and Scene 2 for a solo boost and some thickening via the Pitch Block. Let me know what you think.

Attachments

• Bullock Guitars - IJ Settings.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 78
Now that's an eye for detail. Yes that's correct. It has a Fernandes sustainer pickup in the bridge along with a DiMarzio Hot Rails pickup. There is a Seymour Duncan SH-11 in the bridge. It's the only guitar in my lineup that I didn't build. In fact, it's probably the only guitar that I've played in a live setting over the past 10+ years that I didn't build.
Did Gary do yours ?

This is my main amp tone that I use on most of the set. I really tried to match the tone with a Mesa Combo amp that I had used for years prior to shifting over to the Fractals. You'll need to link your foot pedal to the Delay Gain to tame the delay levels and make the preset usable. I basically tap the tempo per the song and dial the delay level up and down as needed via the pedal. Scene 1 for the main parts of the song and Scene 2 for a solo boost and some thickening via the Pitch Block. Let me know what you think.
Very generous of you. Thank you.

That's the pickup configuration that Neal is using in ALL his guitars live now isn't it ?

Thank you!!

Very cool! We do a few Journey songs and the AX8 Im still using never fails to deliver. Really looking forward to the FM9 when I can update my patches. In the meantime I'll check this one out on the AxeFXIII. Thanks!!!

That's the pickup configuration that Neal is using in ALL his guitars live now isn't it ?
Not sure about ALL guitars, but it is the config that is most often seen and talked about. It really works well. Although, personally I prefer the Sustaniac product over Fernandes. Both sound really awesome (which is the most important thing). However, the Sustainiac offers a lot more installation flexibility since the control switches aren't hardwired into the circuit board. For example, you can just use one single push/pull pot to control the entire sustainer on/off and fundamental/harmonic mode (via rotation). That's generally what I like to install for my own guitars. Some folks still prefer the toggle switches so that's always an option.

Back
Top Bottom