Indonesian Guitars?

deakle

Experienced
Anyone have any hands on experience with the newer Indonesian guitars, ESP LTD, Jackson, even some PRS SE models. I’m interested in an ESP LTD Indonesian model but cannot try one hands on. I’ve had the Korean models and they are great. Anyone try any of the Indonesian made models?

I bought a PRS SE Holcomb this week. It's a $900 guitar, so don't expect custom shop level of workmanship :). But, I have to say the quality of guitar one can get for around $1000 these days is amazing. It's hard to find any fault with it.

Attachments

• P1120251.JPG
    P1120251.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 9
I have been looking at guitars to scratch my itch while my quest for the perfect SC 594 continues...and one of the ones I'm interested in is a Strandberg Plini model. Turns out it's made in Indonesia, which gave me pause for thought as I've had a large number of guitars over the years, but nothing from Indonesia. Having said that, I can't see why a guitar of that type and materials couldn't be competently assembled there, considering the state of CNC availability these days... hell the home builder now has affordable access to lasers and CNC and can build nearly anything (thinking of gettin a laser cutter myself for some custom inlays)... No reason to think a larger dedicated operation couldn't do it as well or better. Ultimately I realized that if Strandberg can't keep up with demand for a $2500 guitar from Indonesia... then the market has made it's judgment on quality.

When I was a kid, MIJ had a very uninformed reputation at first...then over time, as the market acquired more data point's, we realized the quality. Now MIJ is coveted when possible...and Gibson not so much. Of course every case is unique and requires due diligence...but I wouldn't dismiss a guitar off hand because it's Indonesian.

I just got a brand new Indonesian made guitar and I'm very impressed with the overall fit and finish.

I have an Indonesian made Jackson Pro Series Monarkh SC. I'm very impressed with the build and quality. Most of my guitars are Made in USA FYI.

Back
Top Bottom