Individual stomps in Sticky Mode

Wolfgangman

Inspired
I am using my FX8 in sticky mode - 8 different scenes for one patch which seems like a bargain. Was wondering if I could have scenes on the bottom row and individual stomps on the top row?

That sounds ideal but how do you do it? When I change to a new scene I just get the 8x stompboxes associated with that scene. Or, if in sticky scene mode I just get 8x scenes. Can you mix the 2?

That sounds ideal but how do you do it? When I change to a new scene I just get the 8x stompboxes associated with that scene. Or, if in sticky scene mode I just get 8x scenes. Can you mix the 2?
The stompboxes are associated with a preset, not a scene.

You can assign any of the eight stomps to select a scene or a,preset. You do it the same way you assign anything else to a footswitch.

Great - thanks! Looks like I'll be busy working that out tonight. I guess it's all easier using the editing tool on a laptop rather than the fx8 itself, copying and pasting etc?

Great - thanks! Looks like I'll be busy working that out tonight. I guess it's all easier using the editing tool on a laptop rather than the fx8 itself, copying and pasting etc?
Yes, it's easier in FX8-Edit. But it's worth your time to get familiar with the front panel, too. When you're playing out, you don't always have access to a computer.

So far so good, I managed to set up the 4 lower fs to scenes 1-4 and the 4 upper fs to stompboxes all in one preset. At the moment they're all the same stompboxes - presumably they can be different for different scenes? Also, I'd like wah to be always there but I don't want to use up one of the 4 fs with it because it's set to auto-engage anyway. Is it possible to have stompboxes permanently on in a scene but not appear as one of the fs?

So far so good, I managed to set up the 4 lower fs to scenes 1-4 and the 4 upper fs to stompboxes all in one preset. At the moment they're all the same stompboxes - presumably they can be different for different scenes? Also, I'd like wah to be always there but I don't want to use up one of the 4 fs with it because it's set to auto-engage anyway. Is it possible to have stompboxes permanently on in a scene but not appear as one of the fs?
as mentioned earlier, footswitch settings are per PRESET, not Scene. so no, you cannot change Scenes and then have a different footswitch layout.

footswitches are completely separate from the actual effects in the preset. please read the manual regarding the Config page. you set the effects you want in the Config page, and then you can leave the footswitch completely blank if you want to, but the effects are still there. again, the footswitch page only assigns the footswitches to control things - not what effects are actually in your preset.

Back
Top Bottom