Indispensable accessories

Those cords are made with very low-capacitance cable. That gives you less high-frequency roll-off, and it minimizes the effect on your pickup’s resonant frequency.
Truth. It’s those higher frequencies I’m hearing when I use the word “clarity”. Maybe “glassy” would be on point.

Truth. It’s those higher frequencies I’m hearing when I use the word “clarity”. Maybe “glassy” would be on point.
Good stuff. I make all my guitar cables from the same raw cable that the one you bought is made of. Very low capacitance. Excellent shielding. Rugged. And it lies flat on the stage, with no rogue loops rising up from the floor if there's a twist somewhere.

Guaranteed accurate to at least 50 thousandths. 😂
The chips are the same and from the same factory that supplies them to these expensive manufacturers

e.g.: Arduino Mega from official Italian store: $40,30. Arduino Mega from AliExpress: $9.00 I've bought dozens of them and they never fail or perform below expectations.

The chips are the same and from the same factory that supplies them to these expensive manufacturers

e.g.: Arduino Mega from official Italian store: $40,30. Arduino Mega from AliExpress: $9.00 I've bought dozens of them and they never fail or perform below expectations.
Not sure what the chip for the measurement readout has to do with the device’s accuracy. I’m sure the algorithm is programmed fine. It’s everything else that’s the problem.

Yeah, I’ve built custom Arduino based devices before using unofficial chips.

Ah, but the chip is one of the least critical factors when it comes to accurate measurement.

Example: I bought an iGaging straight edge to save 70% off the price of a name-brand Starret. It's a dumb piece of metal. Doesn't even need a chip. But it was useless for my purposes. It was out of true by .003" — enough to ruin a fret job. If all you used it for was to lay out wood, you might never know. But it hardly qualified as the "precision straight edge" it was supposed to be, and it didn't live up to its own published specs. I returned it for another one. Same problem.

FWIW, those under-$10 "calipers" aren't calipers at all.

Back
Top Bottom