Indispensable accessories

This is the review saying that you can dent your fretboard if you are not careful with the Stretcha. Maybe he is a brute
https://www.guitaranswerguy.com/002/

The tensile strength, density and strength to weight of epoxy (Stretcha) and ABS (3D printer material) is not very different. I don't think that it would break.

The cheapest one I've found that ships to Thailand (from Ebay Japan) is $40.97 inc shiping. I'll start with the design during the spare time at the office. There is no rush, just for fun. In the meantime, I'll keep doing like @Joe Bfstplk but without breaking the strings :D
His related quotes. I added the bold ;)

Could dent your fretboard if you’re reckless with it

• Potential to contact fretboard. While stretching guitar strings with the Stretcha, the leading tip could contact your fretboard if you’re careless. You have to be especially mindful as you get near the nut, where string pressure really pulls the Stretcha downward.

That was going to be my contribution. Great, super useful tool!

Was also going to mention the Stewart MacDonald tell tremolo spring tool... But apparently they no longer sell the one I have.

And the Ibanez EJK1000 intonation tool for Edge trems... After so many years with no such option!

Also, my VAFAM front of rack panel...

I second the recommendation of the Ibanez EJK1000. It works perfectly on my Gotoh Floyd Rose bridge on my Suhr.

Also check out the LMI digital string height gauge. It makes it easy to document and reproduce string action measurements with precision.

Nobody mentioned duct tape so far. ..
Beside my set of normal small tools (screwdrivers, guitar multitool etc) I always have a soldering iron with me. “ fool me once....”

Oh, and an old guitar strap in case I forget (again)..

Harm

Switches...
I’m a switch nerd. Small, large, momentary, latching, single, multiple etc. Lots of them from various manufacturers, like Otter Custom Design (external switches for the FM3, FC, etc., that match the hardware), Roland FS-7, RJM, T1M, Bright Onion, etc.

I didn't know Otter Custom Design.

After visiting their website, I am considering buying 2 units of OCD DUO+

Before buying from them, I would like to ask for your feedback.

Is it a good quality product?

Thanks a lot!

Mine just arrived (in gorgeous yellow tweed, or whatever the picklist default was). Holy crap it made a difference in clarity. It sounds like I'm hearing a purer, fuller spectrum of the sound - I mainly use Vox, fender, clean to edge of break up tones. I've been using a Guitar Center Special made by Boss. Probably a 25-$30 cable. Your results at home may vary, and objects in your mirror are closer than they appear, but I am very pleasantly surprised and happy I stumbled on to this post.

AF9EC4B0-09CA-4F66-A74F-58C21A61B222.png
The IXM IEM/Guitar Cable Snake is great if you use IEMs while playing and want to reduce the cables coming off your person (without going wireless). I’ve had mine for years. One of my favorite accessories.

Surprised no one has mentioned their favorite strap locks :oops:

Necessity vs accessory I guess

Loxx are on my must have list

Those look a little better than some of the other strap lock hardware I’ve used. They don’t seem to stick as far off the guitar. Mine used to put leverage on the screw and loosen it from the guitar.

I just use these rubber grommet things now:
5354AD9A-FAE3-429E-9238-DFBAE8520810.jpeg
So much better than hardware, which needed too much maintenance, looked too bulky, and cost too much. If I really want some extra hold, I’ll use the grommets along with elliptical strap pins:
3F30943B-098D-499B-B5E9-FCB3379AAEB6.jpeg

Last edited:
I second the recommendation of the Ibanez EJK1000. It works perfectly on my Gotoh Floyd Rose bridge on my Suhr.

Also check out the LMI digital string height gauge. It makes it easy to document and reproduce string action measurements with precision.

I just ordered the EJK1000 off Amazon, same day delivery which is perfect because I can spend the day cleaning a very old and worn Edge trem then setting it up all nice and new again.

Mine just arrived (in gorgeous yellow tweed, or whatever the picklist default was). Holy crap it made a difference in clarity. It sounds like I'm hearing a purer, fuller spectrum of the sound - I mainly use Vox, fender, clean to edge of break up tones. I've been using a Guitar Center Special made by Boss. Probably a 25-$30 cable. Your results at home may vary, and objects in your mirror are closer than they appear, but I am very pleasantly surprised and happy I stumbled on to this post.
Those cords are made with very low-capacitance cable. That gives you less high-frequency roll-off, and it minimizes the effect on your pickup’s resonant frequency.

Back
Top Bottom